the Rift

[OPEN] !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

Before he can blink, she has skittered past him, shying away as though he were some hideous monstrosity intent on her destruction. Her fear of him is like a kick in the chest, but the wound cuts far deeper than any bruise - after all their time together, after all they had been through, still he cannot wake her from her nightmares, cannot fight off her demons, cannot, cannot, cannot -

But then, nor can the others, and so he seeks solace in the fact that he is not alone in his failure.

She has ended up in the middle of the ring of onlookers, and he pins his ears at their perceived intrusion. He knows they are only trying to help, only trying to accomplish what none of them, apparently, can do - but he despises their presence all the same, convinced that if it were only he and his beloved, he could calm even the fiercest tempest within her memory. A deep, calming breath, and then he thrusts the anger from his mind, knowing that it will not serve him well here. Alysanne, her fellow Moon Doctor; Aurelia, one of their family; Destrier, his brother-in-arms - all of them are joining him in a battle against Resplendence's nightmares (or, rather, he is joining them, for he was the last to arrive), and he will not let his pride get in the way of that.

Zarina crawls easily up his neck and perches atop his poll, shrilly scolding the dun. The prince quiets her with a gentle shake of his head, forcing her to grab hold and clamp her mouth shut. But then she scampers down and out along his back, uses his tail to reach the ground, and bravely ventures forth as though to offer her own comfort to the mare. Her bonded begins to order her back, but then the others begin to speak, and he remains silent, watching his mate with pained violet eyes. If only there were some way to break through the panic. If only there were some way to convince her of this reality. If only there were some way to show her that he is, indeed, alive. If only -

And then he realizes that he holds the answer, for he has magic. He has never wanted to use it on her - no, he was hoping to save it for his position as Specter, to get information from their foes. But he cannot imagine that she will blame him for it, not after the spectacle that she has become. Indeed, if he were in her place, he would beg for calm - of course, no one knows that he has magic... but it isn't like it's a secret he's trying to keep. His mind made up, he closes his eyes and inhales. One, two, three, four. A moment later, he exhales, forcing calm within himself, calming his racing heart and mind. It takes but a few seconds, and then he has the illusion of calm; once he has it firmly in hand, he sends it on a breath of air to his darling. The calmness surrounds her, so easily that she might never even know it, wraps her in its warm embrace and tries to coerce her to slow, to think, to breath.

"Resplendence," he says then, his vocals quiet and his eyes trying to catch hers. "We are here. We are real. We are alive. Come back to us, love. It's time to wake up."

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
!! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Resplendence - 06-09-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-10-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-10-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-14-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-14-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-16-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-16-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-17-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-18-2014, 09:17 PM