the Rift

[OPEN] !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

A moment passes, and then two, and he wonders if he is using it right, if he is even able to wield the power given to him by the gods. He watches her intently, drawing her eyes to his own, feeding her all the calmness and strength he can muster. Her breathing changes first, slowing bit by bit, and then he can see the panic draining from her eyes. Her beautiful, entrancing eyes. Suddenly, though, they are gone, and he only just manages to lift his wing before she is pressing herself into his side as though he is her only stability in the world. And, as much as he would like to believe that to be true, he knows that it is only with the support of those around them that his beloved can live up to all of her potential. He doesn't begrudge them, not much - after all, he is glad for her to be settling in, to be making friends, to be creating a family among their herd.

"Hush, princess. I'm not dead. I'm right here beside you." The locket hanging from his neck is cool now, and he grits his teeth as it swings lightly across the welt that its searing heat created before. He dismisses the annoyance and shifts slightly, twisting his neck so that he can gently nuzzle her cheek. Her muzzle is pressed against his heart, and he traces the line of her neck until he can groom along her withers, hoping that the normalcy of the motion will lull her into inner peace. "Don't say that, my lady. You have nothing to be sorry for," he protests at the same time as Alysanne, and their words cascade over the dun's tears. The painted Moon doctor has moved closer now, and the Specter has the notion that they all want to touch her, to offer her a piece of themselves to prove that this was all real, to show her that they are all here to comfort her in her times of need. He shifts his wing slightly to offer more exposure, so that they all might reassure the frightened mare.

He notes Destrier's smile and returns it with his own, sharing a moment of relief with the other steed. The sergeant offers assistance, and the prince remains silent, waiting for his beloved to offer any word of need. Zarina scuttles across his wing and settles in the mare's tangled mane, beginning to comb through it with her nimble fingers. She has long since learned that the gesture is calming to her bonded's mate, and though she generally dislikes females who happen to gain the prince's attention, Resplendence was among the first equines that she met after her hatching. The dun has always held a place in Quilyan's heart, and so Zarina has learned tolerance. She won't admit it, but she has even learned to like the fearful little mare. Braids begin to form as the tangles fall away, and the bonded pair stay like this, waiting for a movement or direction from Resplendence.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
!! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Resplendence - 06-09-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-10-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-10-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-14-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-14-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-16-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-16-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-17-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-18-2014, 09:17 PM