the Rift

Born to Die

Samael Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Samael
He is not who I expect to see in this cursed, mortal world, nor is he who I expect to find in whatever land I have stumbled into... But he is the first sight that crosses my vision that wasn't trees or other forms of greenery.

I'm mentally cursing this terrible, dreadful forest, with its thick canopy of tree tops and wet earthen soil that bubbles up into muddy tresses against my hooves. I find no joy in any of it, but it is in the midst of my bitter interlude that I hear the bleating, beckoning whinny of another nearby. Vocals reach my ears, and immediately I'm on the defensive; black ears are pinned flat against my skull, lips curled slightly and icy eyes narrowed hatefully, each individual feather upon my wings bristling as the strong appendages braced themselves to take me into the Heavens at any sign of a threat... I was a killer. An assassin. I would tear a part any threat that so much as crossed my path...

... But all notion of hostility is lost on me and fades as I see him come through the trees. For a moment I think my eyes are simply playing cruel tricks upon me. Maybe it was the bastardly tricks of the Father, because damning me to this life wasn't enough punishment and torture alone, living the life as a Fallen... But then the apparition speaks, ever so softly that my ears snap upright and swivel forward in a desperate attempt to simply grasp onto that voice that I hadn't heard in centuries.

'My Heart.'

... And I know then that it is not a trick. It is not the cruel, uncaring ways of the Father. There was no way that He, despite all of his 'Godly' grace, could replicate my love's dual-toned eyes ever so perfectly; one handsome, warm gold, the other a beautiful sapphire... And that voice. That voice!

I don't even realize that I'm standing stark still, frozen in my place, my breath hitching within my shaded breast until he is stepping towards me. Hamaliel. My Hamaliel is walking towards me... And as I stare at him, I can't help but feel a ball of emotion collect in my throat, starting within my stomach and rolling upwards, collecting every emotion that I had ever felt since Falling... Anger, rage, disgrace, betrayal, hurt, love, yearning, loneliness... Everything was coming to the surface at once, and I just... I didn't know how to deal with it.

My eyes, so cold, so remote and full of icy chill, stare him down. I hate him, but I love him. He loved me, but he betrayed me. He says my name as though on a prayer, and a dark part of me finds sick satisfaction that my Hamaliel is now praying to me, and not the Father... But he continues to speak, admitting that I had been right, and he had been wrong. That the God he once loved and cherished had cast him out, just as he had myself.

'My place wasn't with the Father, I know that now,' Hamaliel says, and my eyes watch the way that his beautiful lips form the words that nearly choke him with emotion, 'My place was with you.'

He says those words, and I am undone.

"My Hamaliel," I murmur, my dark lips forming the sylables and consanents of his name with ease, "My love..." My eyes roam his figure unabashedly, soaking in this mortal body of his, the lovely caramel splotches that adorn his sides and the beautiful palomino tresses that hang from his neck and rump... But the ugly scars upon his shoulders cause my heart to clench. It was like I suddenly noticed them, the hideous marks that so clearly once homed beautiful, plumed wings of the finest ivory... And I can only stare.

"Your wings," I whisper in horror, my eyes wide as I dared a step closer to him. My own feathered appendages, as though sensing my beloved's distress and pain, lifted upwards, stretching outwards, and the only thing that I want to do is cradle him close to my breast with my dark wings. "That bastard did this to you?" My teeth gnash and my ears pin, but it isn't directed at Hamaliel. It's towards that disgrace of a God, and how he dared to harm my beloved. How dare he! "I'll rip him asunder, my sweet, I'll tear him limb from limb! I'll make him pay."

I go on to say more, but my voice fails me, and for many quiet, tense seconds I am still. My chest heaves in my red hot rage, and I stare pointedly at a singular spot on the ground as I grapple my wayward emotions. I didn't want to scare Hamaliel, no...

"... Come here," I plead to him, wanting nothing more than to bathe myself in his addicting scent, his love and warmth and mere presence. My wings were still outstretched, beckoning, waiting... "Please, my sweet, come here."

And all I want to do is hold him.

[ooc: My muse for him is... Amazing. o_o Sorry for the length. xD]

the Fallen
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Born to Die - by Samael - 06-10-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Hamaliel - 06-11-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: Born to Die - by Samael - 06-11-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Hamaliel - 06-17-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Sacre - 06-17-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Samael - 06-19-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Hamaliel - 06-22-2014, 01:07 AM