the Rift

Born to Die

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hamaliel
i'm finally broken, falling too far
burned up in pieces from chasing your stars
I feel his cold gaze on me, and I can feel my heart dropping rapidly. There is a part of me that so desperately wished for this stallion to still love me, just as I still love him. That part of me can’t deny that expression, can’t deny that my Heart, may no longer desire me. Time changes everything and I once again curse myself for my blind devotion to a god that brought me nothing more than heartache.

I expect him to rebuke me, spit on me and tell me to leave. Instead he says my name, not Lee, my true name. His next words bring my ears forward and I am for but a moment in utter shock. Just as he s studies me, I study him. That familiar body I had spent so long away from. Do I still have his every curve and sinew memorized like I once did? Then he comments on my wings and my eyes drift to the ground. I nod my head slowly but lift my gaze as he mentions destroying the Father. There is temptation for a smile to poke at the edge of my lips at the sight of his familiar fire.

“He did, but another god has offered an opportunity for me to gain them back,” I say seeking to lock his gaze. “The Father has no hold within this place, we’re completely free of Him here.” Isn’t that why he stripped me of my wings? As a last act of damnation before I slipped away from what I had believed to be omniscience. As I see his rage I step forward, tempted to soothe him with my touch but then stop, for I haven’t been invited back to his side. I will not draw near unless he beckons me. Then he calls to me, calls me to come nearer and I practically throw myself into his embrace, reaching out to wrap my neck around his. All I want is to drown in his sweet and familiar scent.

Ever since I was thrown from the celestial city, I have been so lost, but it settles within me, I am finally home. The Edge has been a nice place to live, but nothing more. The Throat was lost to me before I ever even found it.

“I missed you so much,” I whisper as I reach to gently nuzzle his cheek. “Even before I fell, I missed you.” Then my thoughts turn to explaining where he has wandered into, but I push that aside for the moment as recruiting isn’t of importance, for I may not even linger within the Edge should Samael find elsewhere to live.
"blah blah blah"
@[Samael]
image credit

Messages In This Thread
Born to Die - by Samael - 06-10-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Hamaliel - 06-11-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: Born to Die - by Samael - 06-11-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Hamaliel - 06-17-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Sacre - 06-17-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Samael - 06-19-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Hamaliel - 06-22-2014, 01:07 AM
RE: Born to Die - by Sacre - 06-28-2014, 06:20 AM