the Rift

Born to Die

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hamaliel
i'm finally broken, falling too far
burned up in pieces from chasing your stars
I watch the boy, finding he responds well to my lover’s barrage of questions. “You’re repeating me sir.” At I can feel my lips turn upward into a soft smile. Once upon a time a smile would’ve been a rarity, but since I’ve fallen I have found myself much more willing to find joy in things. It’s funny, when I am living life instead of taking it I’m finding myself significantly more happy.

I let the boy and Samael introduce themselves before I throw my own name out. For a moment I hesitate. Over all these months living I’ve been going under an alias, a particular alias that the stallion next to me had given me many years ago. “I go by Lee.” I say, deciding upon my alias for the moment. “Though my full name is Hamaliel. I am an acolyte sleuth of the World’s Edge.” The World’s Edge is a lovely place, though it will never be home to me. Loorien will never be home to me. Home is standing right beside me, and that is why I fear he will choose to follow the red painted boy over me. Will I go with him should he choose wherever this boy lives? The thought of spitting on the gift Kahlua gave me is repulsive, but I still belong with the only creature who knows my story.

“The stallion Midas no longer leads?” I say cocking my head slightly. My interaction with the painted stallion had only been brief, in the midst of my incredibly short time with the Throat. They never precisely had done much to make me feel as one of them. I remind myself of the wraiths that had destroyed this land and the shadows that had fallen. Herds hadn’t precisely been anyone’s priority as much as it had been surviving.

A question comes from my lover’s lips and I look at him. My heart falls and I can see my mind flying back to that distant time before his fall. Come with me, those three words that had once destroyed us.

“In time, yes I will follow you,” I say coming to my conclusion. “First I will regain my wings. I’m unworthy to stand beside you in this broken shell. Once His marks upon my shoulders are gone I’ll come.” I say, trying to keep things short for there is another present. “A part of my quest to regain my wings I need a feather from three pegasi… Would you be the first to give me a feather?”

@[Samael] @[Sacre]
"blah blah blah"
image credit

Messages In This Thread
Born to Die - by Samael - 06-10-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Hamaliel - 06-11-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: Born to Die - by Samael - 06-11-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Hamaliel - 06-17-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Sacre - 06-17-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Samael - 06-19-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Born to Die - by Hamaliel - 06-22-2014, 01:07 AM
RE: Born to Die - by Sacre - 06-28-2014, 06:20 AM