the Rift

[PRIVATE] Si|ver and Go|d (CLOSED)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 A lone wolf stares back at me, long in the tooth but as harmless as he can be</style>

I had no inkling of worry that Hawkeye could do anything to disappointment me, of all the things I had to mull about on a daily basis—that concern was not among them. Quite naturally my eyes followed his motions toward the distant hills, we gazed out over our valley, for it was him our kin and lord who owned these lands…not me. His comment pulled my attention, “Ye says true.” This place was calm, filled with a vacant spaces and almost unrealistic scenery. Stroked and dabbed, painted with the brush of perfection.

When my soldier friend mentioned that his hope was that our home stayed in its lax state, I wanted to speak up and add some breathless addition of wisdom (peace never lasted long, not in a world were so many relied upon the fingers of magic and betrayal.) But what right did I have to break his desire to pray for a more peaceful world—a better world? The answer was none, “There will be water if the gods will it.” An old crumb of truth that my father used to say, because rain in the desert was a rare occurrence and without the grace of sun we’d have all died of thirst long ago, or else been chased from the savagery. Yet, they allowed us to retain our lives. Just as Earth had willed our homeland into creation when it was most needed.

Though it was hard to compare two stones that weren’t alike, this wasn’t some sandy haven where not a drop fell from heaven except on the rarest of occurrence; our home was considered tropical enough to receive ample water on an almost daily basis. Hawkeye had already leapt from the cliff, I remained posed on the edge. Looking over my new home that was becoming less and less unappealing.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Si|ver and Go|d (CLOSED) - by Hawkeye - 06-11-2014, 03:42 AM
RE: Si|ver and Go|d - by Midas - 06-12-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: Si|ver and Go|d - by Hawkeye - 06-17-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: Si|ver and Go|d - by Midas - 06-17-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: Si|ver and Go|d - by Hawkeye - 06-17-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Si|ver and Go|d - by Midas - 06-18-2014, 10:06 PM