the Rift

[PRIVATE] Love of the leaf

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Lace the Silverthorn
It is our actions that define who we are

He flinched when the voice was heard, taken completely off guard and by surprise. Lace knew that voice, knew it so well even though he had only heard it on the rare occasion - but why would it appear now, here, in front of him of all? With a startled expression the stallion looked around wildly until the odd behavior of the drifting petals (very out of season they were too, didn't cherry blossoms belong to spring and new beginnings?) caught his eye, and with bated breath he watched the features of the Earth God emerge into existence.

Should he bow, kneel to the ground and grovel with the humility he indeed felt as he felt the eyes of the immortal fall upon him? It would probably have been more appropriate, and yet he hadn't bowed before the Sun. Was it defiance against convention or simply a personal refusal to bend, some stubborn reluctance against admitting that anyone was above himself that made him remain standing? He didn't even know himself. He did lower the neck however, a deeply respectful gesture; because in all his lack of true faith in the gods of this land - or any land - Lace still felt humble when faced with such a primal force, such pure, honest wisdom.

Yet, even as he straightened up and listened to the deep vocals of the god, Lace couldn't help but ponder the reason why he had appeared this time. It was an honor for sure, but surely the manifestation of the earth had better, far more important things to do now that winter was drawing closer? The remarks of the other didn't exactly help; they made him squirm a bit where he stood, feeling almost guilty when faced with his actions. Was it a bad thing, that he couldn't remain in one place for very long? In the eyes of this long-lived one he must seem restless indeed... and maybe unfaithful? He managed a slight smile at the though of hunting down all of the divine Lords - and Lady - though wasn't sure how it came out. Nervous perhaps, maybe a bit strained... he still remembered the last time he had met this stallion, the quest he had been sent on and his own dismal failure.

When he was faced with a question however, Lace found that he hadn't quite lost his voice though, and strengthened by the return of the dragon as she came flying, filling the air with dragon-song in greeting of their mighty host, he shook his head vigorously.

"Not at all, my Lord!" he assured, daring to lift the head enough to look directly at Earth God. "I am following it still, and the time I spend in his lands is pleasant indeed. It's just..." He looked around, eying the trees and the stream, the rich vegetation on the ground, "I missed the forest. The desert is warm and beautiful, but after so long time spent beneath a heavy canopy, I find it barren and... empty. Besides, this island is curious, I wanted to explore it further." This time his smile came more readily, the topic one he found considerably more relaxing.

"Why have you come... if I may know?" he even dared to ask, unable to contain his curiosity much longer.
"Watching the games? Fajira added in, her voice playful and completely fearless; she liked this god, much as she had liked the Sun. The others were less known, she reserved her judgment there for now.

@[Earth God]

Picture by Vossity
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Love of the leaf - by Lace - 08-15-2014, 03:26 PM
RE: Love of the leaf - by God of the Earth - 08-17-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Love of the leaf - by Lace - 08-17-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Love of the leaf - by God of the Earth - 08-18-2014, 09:46 AM
RE: Love of the leaf - by Lace - 08-18-2014, 09:27 PM