the Rift

[PRIVATE] Love of the leaf

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Lace the Silverthorn
It is our actions that define who we are

If Lace had expected any answer at all to his question, it certainly hadn't been this. "I... I did?" he stammered, flabbergasted; whatever had he done to draw the attention of the god? It sure as heck hadn't been intentional, and even though he had to admit that the company was rather pleasant, the thought of grazing in quiet camaraderie with a GOD had the hairs on his back on edge in fright. "I wasn't.. aware, I had no idea that.. So sorry to take up your time" he went on, sounding like a broken toy that kept hammering on and on.

"Stop that" the dragon eventually said with a trace of annoyance underlying the thought, the long, white tail twitching as she landed elegantly on his back - none too careful with her claws. "You know why, think! What you wish ever time something happens, what you want when Blue-Eye fell..." Rather brusquely she rummaged through his memories and pulled out the one in question to let it float in the forefront of his mind. Lace grimaced as she went, feeling rather abused and overwhelmed by the whole situation; but he did think back, allowed himself to remember his own thoughts and actions. The fear as Cirrus fell to the ground, clearly ill, his own inability to help her, the desperate wish for knowledge and power so that next time he...

Lace sighed and closed the eyes. He thought he understood now, thought he recognized the wish that had been brewing in his subconscious mind for so long. He wished to be able to help others, aid the sickly and the weak and the hungry, protect his family and friends - protect himself too, so that his own pain and injury wouldn't become an excuse to let others suffer. But why, oh why did it have to happen through magic?

"Because you are weak on your own" Fajira whispered, not unkindly but with the same brutal honesty she always used. It made the stallion grimace, but when he looked up at the Earth God again, some of his confusion and reluctance had disappeared. It was true that he was weak, and it was even more true that he was unworthy. Yet even so the Lord had come here, so perhaps he wasn't entirely hopeless?

"You both know me better than I know myself" he said and gave the dragon and the god a wry smile. "You are right, and I wasn't even aware of my own desires. Thank you for being patient." He bowed his head again, more sincerely this time, and without raising his head he arranged his thoughts and spoke again, more formally this time.

"Lord of Earth and Water, in order to protect myself and my kin, to aid the weak and sick and the injured, would you teach me how to expand this ability of shaping the trees? I know I have no right to ask, especially after failing to complete the other task you gave me... But I still wish for it, greedy and ungrateful as it is. I will do whatever you desire so that I may earn this gift."

@[God of the Earth]

Picture by Vossity
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Love of the leaf - by Lace - 08-15-2014, 03:26 PM
RE: Love of the leaf - by God of the Earth - 08-17-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Love of the leaf - by Lace - 08-17-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Love of the leaf - by God of the Earth - 08-18-2014, 09:46 AM
RE: Love of the leaf - by Lace - 08-18-2014, 09:27 PM