the Rift

[OPEN] Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

"Why do you want a child?"

The voice, when it came, surprised the dove; she lifted her cranium from its lowered position, her bi-colored orbs falling upon the small form of a unicorn colt. He was covered from head to hoof in varying shades of brown, his rump a brilliant white speckled with russet. His eyes, like hers, were two-toned, and something in them reminded her of herself at his age: too old for the youth that bore them, having seen too much in too short a time - or perhaps it was only the melancholy that accompanied a normal adolescent persona from time to time. She could not be sure, nor did she intend to ask.

In any case, she considered him thoughtfully for a moment. Why in Helovia's name he would ask such a strange question was beyond her, but the oddity of the query was not enough to deter her from answering. After all, she believed quite firmly in education, wherever she chose to take herself, and this chance meeting on a quiet afternoon was no different than any other. He was curious - for reasons that she could not fathom, perhaps, but did it matter, in the end? - and that was quite enough for the angel.

But what to say? How could she possibly explain the unconditional love of a mother for her child? How could she share the intimacy of the relationship between a mother and a father, to want to bring a child into the world? And what would she say when the colt asked her why it wasn't always that way - why a child could be fatherless, or motherless, or both? What was she to say when faced with the question of abandonment? How would she, a lone pegasus mare in a myriad of faces and names and concepts, show this colt how beautiful children were, how unique the experience of raising them, how unequivocal her love was?

"Everyone wants a child for a different reason," she said finally. "I want to give the world the best of myself and of my mate. I want to show the world unconditional love. I want to be a better mare, and children tend to bring out the best in me." She smiled slightly, her eyes kind. "I suppose it's quite selfish, isn't it?"

"Above all, though, I want to bring life into this world. Life is light, and the world could always use a little more of that."

"Talk talk talk."
@[Sevin]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - by Sohalia - 09-13-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - by Blythe - 09-14-2014, 12:59 PM
RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - by Blythe - 09-23-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - by Blythe - 10-05-2014, 06:15 PM