the Rift

You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time

Morphine Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

M O R P H I N E

Following a half concealed path, that only existed because of the trampled on fallen leaves and hoof prints that had been etched into the earth, Morphine eyed a foal concealing itself behind a large burning bush. The phantom eyed the child with an intense interest, a wicked smirk spreading across her mug. Every fiber of her being was telling her to rip the little thing to pieces. It hadn’t been that long since the mare had tasted blood on her lips but she was much too tired to play any games. This would be too easy. The perfect high. All at once the foal’s mother appeared from out of the brush, giving a brief smile and nod towards the phantom. Morphine nodded back inky black orbs fixated on the mare’s spiraling horn affixed to the top of her crown. Sigh It was a good thing she fought her predispositions or she may have been skewered a top that mare’s head like a kabob! This world had become such a disappointment or maybe she was just not as patient as she used to be. Deprivation had a way of doing that.

Continuing on her journey to nowhere, she floated down the treacherous path. The air smelt of young rain and the clouds looked heavy with water. She laughed at herself, cursing her luck, before she stumbled upon the mouth of a small cave. All of Morphine’s senses were activated as she moved slowly around towards its entrance. It was much larger than it had looked from behind the shrubbery and wasn’t very deep but it would keep her from getting wet. Dull light filtered in from the outside, casting a warm glow a few meters into its depths. The mare looked like a ghost, glowing in the darkness of the cavern. Here and there small patches of moss grew, decorating the slate grey with splashes of bright green. It was quite beautiful and it reminded her of a home she once had.

The phantom relaxed in the shadows of the grotto, where she was comforted by the darkness so black it put night to shame. With the storm rolling in, the winds howled and whistled beheading the tops of trees and hurling leaves and dead braches toward the ground. While the storm continued to brew it dared all to come fourth and tackle it’s extreme but Morphine wasn’t entirely without good senses. The rain began to pour, streams of liquid running down the entrance and pooling around the mare’s flints, creeping into the crevices of rock and seeping into the moss. Silently the phantom watched, her tongue tickling her ivories, tail sweeping gallantly side to side.

As she stood, her mind began to process everything that had happened since the last time she had met with the dark king. She couldn’t bear to let him see her as a mutant. No, she became the very thing they both despised. Onyx orbs maintained their watchfulness, while Morphine shifted, swinging her hindquarters around, ears swiveling with her movement. The phantom was on the lookout. Deciding it was best to look more like a lost little angel and less like a bloodthirsty psychopath, a very innocent look crept across her face and she waited like a damsel in distress, in desperate need of a savior. Although she was quite the opposite, this was just a game to her and her number one defense.

tags: --
ooc notes: --
words: 565

Actions.
'Thoughts.'
"Speech."

Messages In This Thread
You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-24-2014, 01:00 PM
RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-25-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-29-2014, 12:28 PM