the Rift

You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady

GULL
trouble just grew wings

Cabin fever. It does things to your head, man! You’d have thought that you would be used to getting by in small spaces—after all, you’ve got to get pretty cozy with everyone else when you’re growing up on a glorified rock in the middle of the ocean—but the floating island that hovered to the south was something else. Maybe it was because you weren’t exactly fighting for survival up there, or maybe it was because you hadn’t found the right buddies to stir up trouble with, but that place had you feeling downright insane…and not in a good way. You’d hauled your smooth grey butt off of that cherry-scented wonderland as soon as the sun came up. You needed a real adventure!

Unfortunately for you, it looks like you’re going to have to take a rain check. The heavy clouds you spotted on the distant horizon this morning are now rolling in fast, full-bellied with rain and looking ready to burst. The air around you seems to thicken, then thrums with a far-off peal of thunder. Unless you want to become a flying target for some playful bolt of lightning, you’d better land.

Grumbling, you touch down in a forest clearing, and immediately your eyes dart to the shadows. So many trees in one place are new to you, and you are still made uneasy by their seemingly incessant groaning and creaking—not to mention the potential predators that lurk in this strange place and the absolute lack of space to fly. Not that you’re scared, you’re just…aware. Ears flitting backwards and forwards, you march into the woods. There’s got to be a nice, open space somewhere ahead; it’s just the balance of nature!

But an hour later, you’ve had no such luck. The rain is really coming down hard now, lashing your dusty hide and running down your face. Your tangled mane now lies in long, bedraggled streaks over your neck and withers, and your tail has essentially turned into a mop for the forest. It’s probably not the best look for you, but hey, you can deal—except for the fact that your wings are soaked, and if you don’t get them dry soon, flying’s going to be out of the question when this all lets up. If there’s nothing you hate more than unicorns, being landlocked comes in a close second. Unable to bear the thought of being left stranded on the ground, you begin to search for shelter. The big trees are immediately ruled out; you don’t have much experience with the woods during a thunderstorm, but boy, have you learned a lot in the past hour. Learning by experience is one thing; learning because you almost got smoked under a pine half an hour ago is another!

When you see the cave, you don’t give it much of a second thought. You smell no strange animals (and unfortunately, you don’t stop to consider that the rain would make that impossible), so you duck under the entrance without hesitation…and come face to face with an angel. The surprise is comically evident on your face, as your blue eyes take her in, growing laughably round. “Now where have you been all of my life?” you mutter, half to yourself, half to her. Maybe this rainy day isn’t so disastrous after all…you could do with a little staying in, if you know what you mean.

@[Morphine]

OOC: Hope you don't mind that my big ol' butthead dropped in c;

text
"speech"

Image Credits
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-24-2014, 01:00 PM
RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Gull - 09-24-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-25-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-29-2014, 12:28 PM