the Rift

You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady

GULL
trouble just grew wings

As your vision adjust to the darkness, your eyes slowly begin to take in more and more of the shadowy figure before you. A few moments and some rapid blinking reveals that she’s a well-built pegasus mare, about your height, and grey as a whitecap on an errant wave. From large white wings sprout feathers that closely resemble those tied into your mane, but when she speaks, she does not remind you of your mother at all. “Oh, who? Me? Surely not. I-I-I’m just a terrified mare who is completely lost!” she cries. Ma’s voice was gentle and weary; hers is girlish…and you don’t know if you’re imagining things, but is it a little husky? Not in a bad way. In an inviting way. A low nicker of appreciation rumbles in your throat. Mmmm, mmmm.

A second later when it hits you that she just lost her mate, you realize how terribly insensitive you must look. You may not be the most well-mannered guy out there, but loss is something that you do understand. It’s a hard world, y’know? And while you do feel genuinely sorry for the girl, you’re not quite sure if it would be a buzzkill to stop and apologize. Awkwardly, you wind up tongue-tied as the internal battle rages. If you say you’re sorry, you could end up talking about her feelings for the rest of the night. If you don’t, she might get upset anyway. Neither option is exactly ideal. And should you not be hitting on her if her mate just keeled over? You mean, no disrespect to the dead guy, but this girl is not one that should go to waste!

Luckily for you, the lady changes the subject before you can say anything. “What brings you out here? I can’t imagine it is fun flying in this weather?” she asks. Not that small talk is any better than dead mates, because you’re still distracted—is she checking you out? You catch her eyes scanning your frame, and you can’t help but arch your neck and try to flex without moving—yeah she is. Take it all in, you think, that’s right. Yea—Oh! Suddenly it hits you that she asked a question. “Um,” you sputter, “Yeah, it’s…uh, rainy. Thought I’d better get out of the sky before I got hit by lightning, y’know?” Mentally, you kick yourself. This girl is looking you up and down, and this is all you’ve got? And then it comes to you—hits you like a both of lightning, if you will. “What about you?” you ask, watching her out of the corner of your eye, a stupid little grin tugging at the corners of your mouth, “Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?” Immensely pleased with yourself, you snort a little at the pick-up line, raising your wings to shake the water off.

Little did you know that your shimmying would pay off. “You’ve got a really nice body,” the mare remarks, her voice practically a purr in the darkness. Abruptly, you stop the wet dog act. Did she just say what you think she said? But it can’t be just your imagination, because now she’s circling you, brushing her warm, dry hide against your wet skin. You shiver at her touch, head spinning. Is this really happening? Is this how it’s going to go down? With a total stranger in a cave? She seems so sure, so confident; meanwhile, you’re struggling to contain yourself. Are you aroused? You bet. But you also have no idea what you’re doing—this has never happened to you before! “My name is Morphine, pleasure to meet you,” the mare whispers, passing you again. “Gull,” you reply, and it takes everything you have to keep it together. “Name’s Gull. And I…and it’s nice to meet you too.”

@[Morphine]

OOC: Oh. My. Word. Gull's losing his mind haha.

text
"speech"

Image Credits
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-24-2014, 01:00 PM
RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Gull - 09-25-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-25-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-29-2014, 12:28 PM