the Rift

You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady

GULL
trouble just grew wings

Morphine’s giggles echo in the cave, innocence turned eerie by the way her laughter bounces off the walls and into the darkness. You shiver slightly, but your own nervousness embarrasses you. This is good! She’s interested! She just called you sweet and charming, didn’t she? Sweet and charming, you repeat to yourself. Sweet and charming! The mantra does little to ease your jitters though—confound it all, why are you so jumpy?! You’re going to blow your chance!

Thankfully, Morphine can’t sense it. At least you think she can’t, for when you feel her muzzle brush against your neck, you can also feel her breath. In another time, in another place (namely, in one which you weren’t just about to lose your virginity), you might have found it unnerving how easily your new lady friend slips between angel and devil, but it’s safe to say that right now, your mind is on other things. Her exhale is so hot and so deep that you almost expect steam to rise from the place on your neck that her lips lingered…oh, may the Lady have mercy! She certainly favors the unexpected, Lady Luck, to choose now to answer your requests. You mean, you would have preferred that she had listened sooner, but better late than never. Thinking of how long you’ve had to wait, you grit your teeth. C’mon Gull, you tell yourself, Don’t choke now—she wants you!

Unfortunately, your private pep talk is cut short by the mare who’s still circling you. “Tell me a little bit about yourself, love,” she prompts in a gravelly murmur, and you swear you feel your knees go weak. No! Focus idiot, keep it together! You laugh, but your chuckle sounds strained. “Ahh…” you begin, not sure of what to say. “Um…” Your ears begin to buzz, and you wonder…is this what it’s like to pass out?

And then, you’re not sure exactly what happens, but your brain sputters to life (or perhaps it dies down; sometimes it’s hard to tell which is which), and suddenly, you’re flying on autopilot. It’s surreal. You feel like you’ve floated out of your body and you’re watching yourself from above, and as your phantom heart beats on above at a hundred miles an hour, the Gull below you makes a surprising recovery. You watch him shake his head bashfully, before straightening up and looking the mare in the eye. And then you hear his voice—your voice!—retort, “A little bit about myself? I hate to disappoint, but baby, there’s nothing little about me…if you get my drift.” A cheeky wink follows suit. He’s doing it! I’m doing it!!

And it’s working! The pale female comes to a halt before you, and the only thing that feels more tangible than the tension between you is the intoxicating, musky scent that seems to cloud the air. She twitches her tail, much like a hypnotist dangles a pendulum, and you’re drunk on the feeling of it all. “Oooh, it sure is chilly…” she breathes, “The temperature really dropped.” This is your chance! In a single swift motion, you move forward, intending to position yourself beside her. A large wing extends, and you raise it, accidentally scraping it lightly along the ceiling as you reach to drape it over her back. “Just say the word, baby, and I can keep you a lot warmer.”

@[Morphine]

text
"speech"

Image Credits
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-24-2014, 01:00 PM
RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Gull - 09-30-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-25-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - by Morphine - 09-29-2014, 12:28 PM