the Rift

[OPEN] Air Orchid

Fig Posts: 57
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 5.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 :: 20 HP: 56 | Buff: NOVICE
Beluga :: Common Beluga Leviathan :: Bubble Trap Adoptable
Ridiculously, she had not very quickly noticed the winged serpent resting upon the paler mare’s crown. It was not unusual for the Lignea to share bonds with the smaller creatures of Prim’sylva, to live closely and intimately with animals so that a natural symmetry could be better maintained between all living things.

His presence did not frighten her but she was drawn to the shimmer of his scarlet body beneath the pale breath of moonlight, the soft star-glitter. The reptiles she was accustomed to were far plainer in appearance and dwelt mainly in the canopies of lush forests or hidden away in rock crevices – snakes, skinks and occasionally a mixture of both! Fig could not recall Kahlua’s friend having such company the last time they had spoken. Nevertheless, she offered the animal a smile as she neared to brush his mount, listening with turning ears to the clicks spoken; though not in any way understanding their meaning.

The familiar mare returned the fond gesture, bumping her own velvet nose against the thick unkempt shoulder of the tree-girl and inched nearer so that they were standing like old friends – Fig accepted the gesture gratefully.

Resplendence! The name fell upon her like a trillion moth wings all stirring to life, tickling her memory and rousing a light giggle to slip between curling lips. The smile did not last though as her friend’s voice seemed to sober suddenly, concern and pain glancing through her expression. “Dark things?” Fig questioned immediately, stepping still closer to pull free an old dead leaf from Resplendence’s long, beautiful mane. “Whatever do you mean?” Emerald eyes danced about them for a moment, and aside from the suspended land supporting them, all seemed quite merry. She was pure, untainted, and probably would never have been able to imagine the terror’s haunting the other mare’s thoughts.

“I have been safe (she assured quickly), well and safe. I am sorry I left without word. I was summoned back to Prim’sylva by the Arborun elders. My mother grows tired watching over my father you see, they are many hundreds of years old and I fear I might not see them again.” Fig's father, Fig, in many ways had already parted from the life they shared - he existed only in his wilting soul tree. In truth the young, loyal Lignea had spent barely a week with her family, but the journey from Helovia and back again had taken her many, many months - she was far heavier now than the sapling she had been when she had very first arrived. As she explained the reason for her absence slowly as was the nature of her native tongue, Fig’s brow furrowed and the wind-brushed leaves flickering above seemed to grow restless.

“I know no place more comfortable than your home,” she soothed kindly, letting calm choke the concern from her expression. Perhaps when she found enough courage to fall back onto the clouds that had carried her to this island, Fig would venture back into the north to find Kahlua again also. “Tell me though Resplendence, what is ailing your mind so?” Regarding the small dragon warmly, she reached again to nuzzle the mare’s soft breast.
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death 
(no need to ask)

Messages In This Thread
Air Orchid - by Fig - 10-28-2014, 06:03 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Resplendence - 10-30-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Fig - 10-31-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Resplendence - 11-10-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: Air Orchid - by Fig - 11-11-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Resplendence - 11-12-2014, 12:09 AM
RE: Air Orchid - by Fig - 11-13-2014, 03:02 PM