the Rift

[OPEN] It's still burning

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

Miykael the Angel

I need a little loving tonight; hold me so I'm not falling apart

The moment she moved into him, draping her head over his neck - it felt like his heart was going to explode. It dances in his chest, frantic yet celebratory. Miykael holds her close, relaxing into the embrace and breathing her in. "Oh, Aly.." he sighs, his voice is breathy and the words are hardly above a whisper. God he had missed her... missed this. He missed it so much that he hardly noticed Eliana shriek her displeasure at the invasion and hop down his back to stand guard on his croup.

It ended all too quickly, it always did. It hadn't felt exactly the same as it used to - the way it did before he ruined everything with his stupid confession. Something was missing or something was strained but he couldn't quite place what it was. Her smile was bright as she stepped back and though that smile caused the butterflies to churn in his stomach and bring a smile onto his own features, something was different. He sighs softly, his breath warm in the cool birdsong air. Miykael's baby blue gaze drifted over her and he suddenly noticed the little owl's sudden absence. It seemed even their companions could not stand their turmoil. Perhaps he should give up, for all their sakes? "Did I ever tell you I had multiple forms back in Nocturne? Aside from the otter and... well, this." he adds idly, lifting his wings and tucking his chin briefly on the last word. "One of the others was a personal favorite of mine. It was an owl, exactly the same species as your companion." his voice is soft and warm and with a glance in the direction of her little owl, he searches Alysanne's face for any signs, any hints of anything they used to have.

Her excitement is clear when she asks about his magic, which only serves to grant him a sliver of hope. Perhaps all is not lost. Perhaps he can salvage this after all and perhaps she would come around and realize what he could so plainly see. He smiles softly at her. "Do you remember when we first met?" he asks, peering at her with a playful gleam in his sky hued eyes. "It's exactly the same. I can create a glowing light around a wound and heal most physical damage. Some wounds are more difficult than others." he explains. There really wasn't much to it, except that the worse the injury is, the more likely he is to manifest some of that wound onto himself in the healing process. It was a fitting magic for him, surely. Selflessly taking away another's pain despite any consequences to himself. Miykael was always thinking of others, until he was infected by that nasty disease that swept over Helovia not too long ago.

He became selfish then, and look what it got him. Nothing. Nothing except a broken friendship.

Alysanne turned her attentions to Ellie, then, and Miykael was grateful for the distraction. Ellie attempts a polite coo to Aly in return - her own little way of saying 'pleased to meet you too' though only barely hiding the truth. Ellie is just as displeased with Aly as Hemlock is of Mikey. What an intriguing pair they make, hm? "She is, isn't she?" he exclaims, turning his head to marvel at the night-dark bird. He gazes at Ellie for a few moments before turning back to Aly. "Walk with me?" he asks, his gaze almost pleading. Knowing Aly as well as he does, he knows she would welcome the movement. So when he starts off, turning his back to the cliffs and heading in toward the trees; he doesn't even look back to ensure that she's following. He was confident that she would be right there. In truth, he hopes the movement will keep the words from tumbling from his mouth, the words he longs to say but... can't. Fear of losing her holds him back. But the stroll is having the opposite effect. Every step he takes seems to loosen his tongue, seems to knock the words loose. Soon, they are tumbling from his mouth, each word is heavy like a brick. "Why can't you love me?" he blurts out, an unintended firmness clinging to his voice. "Why not me?" he says again, but this time his voice is a weak whisper and his heart plummets down into his stomach.

What the fuck did you just do, Mikey? You fool.

ooc: the feels! D:
tags: @[Alysanne]
Image by Vail
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
It's still burning - by Miykael - 10-29-2014, 02:41 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 11-03-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 11-07-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 11-27-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 12-11-2014, 02:52 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 12-18-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 01-05-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 01-11-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 01-12-2015, 03:48 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 01-12-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 01-13-2015, 07:22 PM