the Rift

[OPEN] Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

Kvothe

Bells bells bells. They always signaled my arrival to any place. Should you be there, the first sign of my coming would be the merry trinkets draped around my antler, declaring the passage of their wearer. I preferred my company to know i was coming; i was no sneak, nay quite the contrary. I had few enemies thus few to fear, and i was unafraid of the unknown. I knew no strangers, so i had no qualms about announcing my arrival in such a loud, and to some, obnoxious fashion.

The game trail i'd been following had led to a frozen cave, yet untouched by the growing warmth of spring. Bicolored eyes widen with appreciation at the frozen architecture that greeted me as i passed into the second threshold of my wanderings. Would not be the last. The only sounds within the cave is the dripping of water somewhere further in, my hoofsteps, and of course, my bells. The chimes seemed to echo rather pleasantly through this cave, and with a silent laugh i shake my head, purposely jarring them into chorus.

But soon my play was gone, i was an explorer once more. Helovia seemed to be sparse on horses, for i'd yet to meet anyone since i left Spice at the Threshold. It was mildly...disappointing. I was curious to see what sort of folk resided here. So far, they proved to be an elusive bunch. Perhaps they remained within the confines of herd territories, leaving unclaimed places be. That question aroused more questions; Were the wild places so dangerous as to be forbidden? Or did darker beings reside, murdering those they happen upon? Alas, sadly, i settled for the latter. Quite a few places my troupe had visited were as such, it seemed almost as if a darkness was settling over all lands.

I frown at that idea. The thought was unsettling, and i did not wish to dwell on such things. No, there would be a time for me to allow myself to venture into the darker parts of my mind, but now was not such a time. Now was a time to pause and enjoy the unfamiliar beauty this land had to offer, refreshing sights to break the monotony of the usual lands i see. I stand within the cave, gaze going to the icicles hanging from the ceiling, then to the ice that covered every inch of this place in a sheen of light and cold. Beautiful.

"Kvothe's Speech."

Word Count: 413
Tags: @[Rei] And anyone else~
Notes: 000
Image Credits
Text Credits

Please tag Kvothe in all posts
Force is allowed provided it doesn't kill

Messages In This Thread
Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Kvothe - 12-11-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Rei - 12-12-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Rei - 12-12-2014, 09:26 PM