the Rift

of wounded minds and wounded souls

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

Darkness. I was born in it. I was raised in it. I was held prisoner in it. It hid my captors from me. Hid my own mother's face from me. And yet somehow its chilling presence still comforted me. Through all the hardship it gave me, gave my mother, gave the others that were trapped within those caves with us, I still felt completely at home roaming in the dark much like a fish in the ocean. So I traveled by night and slept by day until I was out of the territory that the people who captured my mother in the first place roamed.

Mama.

My thoughts shifted as I remembered the scent of my mother and her soft warm voice that could cure any uneasiness. Even the others that were trapped with us had looked to her for advice a multitude of times. But look at where it had all gotten her. Teal eyes slammed shut as images of my mother during her last few minutes of life broke through the mental barrier I had set up. Violently, I shook my head. I didn't want to remember her that way. I didn't want to see that memory play within my head over and over again. I didn't want to feel the pain that ripped through my very being again. I just wished that I could forget that any of it had happened at all.

But I couldn't.

I couldn't just forget the very being who gave me life. I couldn't forget what made me who I am now. No matter how much I wanted to forget my past, I would never be able to. Because my past was what made me me. It was what defined me as a whole. As mama would say never forget those who have loved you and helped you, and return their love and help them as well.

Eyes stared widely after I opened them and I looked around. I didn't recognize the terrain, but then again I didn't recognize any surface terrain. The only things that clicked in my head was the few things that were described to me by others. Trees, grass, birds, sky, and rain where just a few of those things. This place though had a lot of trees that reached up high towards the sky. It was almost as if they were clawing, begging, or racing towards the heavens in an attempt to bridge the gap between the surface and the city in the clouds. Perhaps one day I'd visit there? Perhaps my mother was already there?

Cautiously, my head darted from side to side making sure that the coast was clear. Those that had captured my mother and killed her, I wasn't exactly sure where their territory stopped and where another began. All I knew was that if I was spotted by one of them and chased down, I would be caught. Not only did I not know how to fly yet, but my wings were so large that they made everything so much harder to do right now. And running...well it was clear up at the top of that list.

When I decided that it was safe, I walked out of the greenery that had hid me from another's view and began to wander this land filled with trees. Surely there had to be a way out and a way to be sure that I was out of the territory of my captors. But until then, I'd just continue on as I had been. Quietly, cautiously and alone in the dark.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 595
TAGGED;; anybody, no clue which way she will go.
OOC;; bloopity bloop

Messages In This Thread
of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 12-27-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 12-27-2014, 02:26 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 12-28-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 01-05-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-07-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-15-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 01-16-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-18-2015, 12:39 AM