the Rift

of wounded minds and wounded souls

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

Anxiously I looked from the stallion with wings to the two wingless ones before me as they all seemed to converse with each other. Anger and annoyance seemed to overwhelm the air as they spent more time with each other. Perhaps I hadn't yet escaped my captors' domain? Or was it like this everywhere? The two wingless ones didn't seem all that enthralled by the the winged stallion's appearance. I on the other hand, was grateful for another winged equine's appearance. To me, it meant that there was some small spec of hope that I wouldn't be captured again – even if it was a miniscule spec.

The mare's apology snapped my attention back to her. I only had the intentions of offering you a safe place to sleep tonight. Really? Her only intentions were to offer me a 'safe' place to sleep for the night? I wanted to scoff at her, gawk at her potential lies. Of course she wanted to bring me to a 'safe' place! And that safe place was called the dark cave that I had spent my life in thus far. December she had said her name was. I'd have to remember that. December...one of the cohorts of the group that murdered my mother and wanted to recapture me.

The wingless stallion was next to speak. He seemed to apologize too, but again went about the same way that December had gone. Apparently he had the same 'mission' as December. Of course. They both seemed to play for the same team. My ears swiveled backwards a little. Not out of anger but out of fear. Fear that the two before me really were part of the group that would drag me back to that dark hole in the earth and keep me there till the end of my days. I glanced towards the winged one and then nervously cast my teal eyes back to the two wingless, December and Ira I think he said before.

December then goes on after the winged one had clarified something about this Midas that both he and December had brought up. A smile filled her face. It was a soft smile, a kind smile, a smile that seemed like it was rarely used. But for some reason it was comforting a little. Those that I had seen murder my mother had no trouble smiling as they killed her. In fact, they had even laughed as they had done so. A shudder coursed through me as I remembered that evil cacophony. But with remembering the laughter then brought flashing images of my mother. I remembered how she looked upon me before they killed her. I remembered the softness of her voice as she said her last words: I love you Isa. I remembered each sound of exacerbating pain the group dealt her. I remembered...I remembered the look on my mother's face as she passed and life left her eyes.

My eyes softened as I remembered that particular moment of my short lived life. I looked away from those before me as I struggled to not cry before them.

Unicorns and pegasi are all welcome. I will not hurt you, that I do promise.
There are many winged among the numbers where I live, and I am sure that you will be safe from whatever might be chasing you.
I will see to your care and education myself.

Their words echoed within my mind as I tried to quell the tears that threatened to spill from behind eyelids. Dragon's Throat... Hidden Falls? I knew not where these places where nor what they were like. Hell I didn't even know the real difference between a bush and a tree before my escape. Up until then they seemed almost exactly the same according to my mother's description – big, leafy, green, and can hurt if you go into them wrong. Now I knew that a tree was tall, whereas a bush lay closer to the ground. In fact, I would almost describe a bush as a big, foofy, green, twig laden rock.

Once my emotional state is somewhat under control, I look back at the three that stood before me offering me a place to stay. If this place really did have winged and non winged equines living together nicely, then hopefully I was out of the danger of the ones who killed my mother. With a new light, I looked at the two wingless equines before me. If they were sincere with their words then there wasn't anything to worry about. But yet when I stepped a tad bit closer, my movements were still cautious. Anybody could put on a mask and lie to ensnare their prey. Myself included...that is once I could figure out how to work these confounded wings of mine.

“No...no cave?” I asked them all questioningly. What I didn't realize though was that those were the first words I even said to the three of them, to anybody in days. I has almost forgotten what I sounded like. But I let my mind quickly pass over that realization and moved onward to pose another question to the three, “I can stay on the surface?”

My teal eyes felt like they were holding a pleading look, a begging look in them. But I needed to know. If I could stay on the surface then my mother's dream for me would be met and my hopes and prayers would be answered. Because if I could stay on the surface, then that would mean that I was someplace where those evil wingless equines were unlikely to get me and I surely hoped that was the case.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 945
TAGGED;; @[December], @[Ira], @[Hector]
OOC;; She speaks 8D finally. If you need a reference her voice is Jasmine Thompson right now...english accent and all 8D

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Messages In This Thread
of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 12-27-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 12-27-2014, 02:26 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 12-28-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 01-05-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-07-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-15-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 01-16-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-18-2015, 12:39 AM