the Rift

of wounded minds and wounded souls

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

The mare before me seemed confused at my question. Maybe she wasn't one of the evil wingless equines after all? My ears pricked forwards as I yearned to hear what all she had to say. All the lands are on the surface here? A glimmer of hope started to show through the years of dark shadows it seemed. Faintly, a look of relief washed over my face but it was short lived. Soon my face contorted in confusion as she spoke of places I didn't even know of let alone know of what they were supposed to look like. Desert, waterfalls neither of those words were ever mentioned to me by either my mother or the prisoners. What in the world was a desert or a waterfall? I had to know, but I wouldn't ask now. No I'd ask at a later date and time. Or perhaps I'd be able to fit the pieces together as I came across them?

I looked at the other wingless equine that stood here, but he seemed perfectly content remaining silent. So I looked at the winged one who also seemed concerned and he then clenched his eyes shut as if he was in pain or something. My heart leapt for a moment as I worried about him. Was something wrong? Was he hurt somehow? Did he know why I asked such questions? Could he...could he possibly be one of the prisoners from within the cave that escaped?

A single hoof raised to take a step towards the winged stallion, but was soon distracted by a growing shape from behind the mare. Did she have wings too and I just hadn't noticed? Hopeful eyes looked to the shape that flickered and faded in the shadowy mists of the night and quickly grew wide once I noticed what it really was.

They weren't wings!

Panic hit me wave after wave and each wave was stronger than the last. Soon I felt like I was drowning in an invisible flood of nothing but terror. Wildly my wings flapped and my legs tried to propel my lithe frame backwards, but neither seemed to be going fast enough. In fact, they weren't really working together at all as I soon fell to the ground once more. But that didn't stop me this time, instead I just kept trying to push myself further and further away from the darkness that grew behind the mare and engulfed the light of everything around us. What was this magick?! Was the wingless mare the one behind this? Was she really one of those...those monsters that stuck us down in the caves? Had she just put a charade until she thought she had gained enough trust from me to nab me quick and drag me back while I screamed bloody hell – only to have my screaming echo off the clammy rock walls and fade into soundless waves. Nobody would hear me. Nobody would see me. Nobody would come to rescue me. I was born there and now I grave would be there too.

My mother had died for nothing. My escape attempt futile. Tears began to stream down my cheeks as I still tried to put a significant distance between the mare and I purely out of instinct. Words tried to gurgle from my vocal chords but they were either choked back from my crying or so utterly gargled that no clear words came out.

Out of the corner of my eye I caught a flash of the red winged stallion as he moved towards the entrance to the cave angrily. Was...was he protecting me? On the air I heard his voice ring out telling me that no harm will come of me and to stay still and I obeyed. Almost instantaneously my legs stopped kicking at the dirt and my wings, though awkwardly held at weird angles since I was not laying upon them, grew still.

I watched as he charged at the cave and the mare at the same time. Though it seemed like he was more worried about the cave than the mare. Teal eyes looked to the mare who also seemed rather perturbed with the recent turn of events. Of course she would, she had to stay in character didn't she? Then she had the gull to look at me and tell me that no harm would come of me and that she was sorry. She had better damn be sorry! But of course this too was probably a facade of hers as well so I shot her a look that pretty blatantly spoke the phrase you're not going to get away with this. And even though I watched as she seemingly fought about with her emotions I felt nothing towards her but fear and hatred and disgust. She was one of them...one of the group that killed my mother. Maybe she didn't kill her directly but she still had to be a part of that group. That was the only explanation for all of this.

Teal eyes looked back to the winged stallion who was fending off the cave and with watching him fight off the very thing that frightened me the most right now I knew whom I would go with. He was like me and mother had always said beware the wingless. Now I knew exactly why. Even if they seemed kind and caring they would still turn on you once you believe them. Those with wings...that was whom I was going to put my trust in. In the past, present, and more likely the future too. The winged equines were always to be trusted.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 940
TAGGED;; @[December], @[Ira], @[Hector]
OOC;; omg....this post...much wow...so long...x.x If you need a reference her voice is Jasmine Thompson right now...english accent and all 8D

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Messages In This Thread
of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 12-27-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 12-27-2014, 02:26 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 12-28-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 01-05-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-07-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-15-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Ira - 01-16-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: of wounded minds and wounded souls - by Isara - 01-18-2015, 12:39 AM