the Rift

[OPEN] EXPLOSIONS

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
SHIDA

So there are a lot of firsts when you're a kid, which means there's lots of stuff that I haven't learned yet. Things like, don't fucking explode the land you live in, or if you're going to explode the land you live in be more discrete. You know. Basic stuff like that. So when December strolls on over advising that I return to Ma to get dried off and to go back to sleep, I don't actually think of it the way you might. I mean, no one other than Ma and Pa have really told me to do anything yet. So it just seems the same as when Auri tells me not to kick her in the face. You know, the type of stuff you don't actually have to listen to.

"Nah." I counter in my youthful wisdom, although looking up at her I do take a step back. She's big. Like big big. Bigger than Ma I think, but not bigger than Da. He's huge. I wonder if I'll get to be that big? I can't even imagine it. I could probably fit five of me inside of her. Ohhhh. Maybe there's babies in there or something. Huh. Weird.

As she sniffs me, I make a face, scrunching my nose in slightly. I don't understand this sniffing thing yet. Like, what the hell does it matter what I smell like. Seriously. Have I joined the hygiene herd? First Ma wants to wash me, then everyone gets all butthurt about being dirty and now this broad wants to smell me too. Like, can we please not?

But, I don't wanna be rude (I know right? Ironic), so I turn my muzzle towards her and blow outwards. Hard. If there was any snot in my nose it sure isn't there anymore. That's what you do right? Blow? Pretty sure. Da did that to me when I was first born, so... I'm basically an expert now. Then, having done the blow part, I inhale so strongly that my head raises backwards and my nostrils actually quiver with the force of my inward breath.

Oh shit. What now? Do I hold it? Am I supposed to like ... do something with her air? Uh, uh, uh!! I can't really hold it much longer, and so I let it all out at once, my pink lips parting to let the current of air it feels like I'm holding back finally through.

I shoot December a look like, dude, you're welcome for the best greeting you've ever had in your life, before trying to do the thing again. I'm starting to be able to sort of ... make it happen, the red feeling, only now it feels harder. Like there's not enough of it or something. I don't know how to explain it. But I can tell that there's enough magic in me at least to do the thing one more time.

So, not knowing that what December probably meant was I'm going to MAKE you get back to your Ma, I turn my ass towards her and trot forward a few steps.

Safety around explosions and all that.

Taking a deep breath I try to focus on a rock that's in the middle of the stream. On top of said rock is some green squishy dude with big eyes (a frog, in fact). Can frogs fly like Ma and Auri? Probably. How the hell else would he have gotten into the middle of the stream? It isn't like he can swim or anything. I decide I want to see the frog fly, so I focus the red on the rock.

EXPLOSIONS.

The rock is lifted into the air by a current of water, sending the frog helplessly flailing from where he sat, obviously minding his own business and definitely not asking for some shit-disturbing child to come along and ruin his evening. He sails a few feet into the air, arcing against the moon and creating a perfect silhouette, before bouncing on the ground. The broad and stupid grin that had parted my pink lips disappeared as confusion began to grow.

I turn to December, obviously upset and dismayed. "Why didn't he fly?" I whimper as large crocodile tears well up in my blue eyes and my lips begin to tremble. I look back to where the frog landed, watching as he angrily hopped away. Tears tracked down my cheeks as I quickly returned to looking at the mare. I have a bit of a complex about things that can fly, and so I'm taking this pretty hard. I was just trying to help! I just wanted to see him fly! It isn't like I can fly! Everyone else can except me AND I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP AND "WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I throw my head back sobbing. I'm obviously over tired and now completely exhausted from using my powers, and in such a state I have absolutely no hope of understand why my plan hadn't worked.

Yep! 96% and dropping!

Coding by Tamme. Image here

Messages In This Thread
EXPLOSIONS - by Shida - 12-29-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: EXPLOSIONS - by December - 12-29-2014, 09:50 PM
RE: EXPLOSIONS - by Shida - 12-30-2014, 02:28 AM
RE: EXPLOSIONS - by December - 12-30-2014, 02:02 PM
RE: EXPLOSIONS - by Shida - 12-30-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: EXPLOSIONS - by December - 12-30-2014, 04:55 PM
RE: EXPLOSIONS - by Oxy - 12-30-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: EXPLOSIONS - by Shida - 12-30-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: EXPLOSIONS - by December - 12-31-2014, 12:27 AM