[JUDGED] Doubt comes in on sticks | Bucephalus
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
And I'd bring you further roses but it does you no good

Colliding against an invisible opponent was surreal and strange. The Wildfire didn't care for it at all. Suddenly in what appeared to just be the arena his body was halted by warm flesh, his spikes disappearing inside some unseen substance. Gaucho heard a cry of pain escape his Chancellor and knew that he had indeed hit his mark. Mara was far too busy exacting her revenge to project the image of Buce to Gaucho, but the sign of blood hanging in midair told him his aim was more or less true. Besides, the muscle and bone formation digging into his shoulder felt enough like a shoulder that Gaucho thought he knew roughly where he stood in relation to the black.

Just as the mental picture of Buce's shoulder against his own began to form he felt it pull away. Gaucho assumed the Morningstar had retreated backwards from him until he felt his hooves thud heavily against his left shoulder and chest. Pain flared outwards as Buce's hooves dragged themselves down his muscular chest, pounding more than once on their way back to the ground. Gaucho felt his muscles stiffen and contract painfully beneath his blue-striped markings. A snarl parted his black lips as he inhaled a sharp hiss, grunting as he exhaled it. He felt the ghost of teeth on his neck as well. Perhaps it was sweat building up or simply poor aim, but the bite didn't penetrate. Gaucho felt the buzz of Buce's lips but nothing more.

Vaguely he could feel Mara back in his antlers. Her body was like a streak of silver as it blurred from his skull towards Bucephalus and then back again. The golden-spotted idiot had pulled his head back just in time to miss the snap of her fangs. In his mind Gaucho could feel her seething, but chose to ignore it. EYESSSS he reminded her furiously as his teeth tore feathers out of Buce's wing. If he were less focused and more of an asshole he might have pointed out how both of his attacks had hit, and he was fighting blind. She couldn't even manage to hit the thick neck of the black stallion. However, Gaucho was much more concerned with the shifting sands beneath him - the only indication of where Buce was - and spitting the Chancellor's feathers from his mouth.

Gaucho could hear the sound of Buce's hooves as they danced upon the sands, as well as the unfurling of his wings. The down strokes caused the sands to shift and rise into the air as the black picked up enough speed to become airborne. Gaucho's black ears tried to follow Buce's movements - but the heavy feathering of his wings made them beat nearly soundlessly the farther away he moved. EYESSS he demanded of Mara once again, not being able to discern the position of his Chancellor based on his shadow below, moving ambiguously across the sands.

Through Mara's vision he watched the black sail over head. If Buce was trying to pull him into the air where he would have the upper hand, he would be sorely disappointed. Gaucho was no idiot. However if Buce wanted a partner in the skies, Gaucho could arrange that...

Snorting, he commanded Mara to bite his ear gently. The one bead of blood she drew released the magic bound within his soul. Fire poured from his antlers in the shape of two dragon's (roughly the size of a horse each). Their flaming bodies crackled and burned brightly as they soared towards Bucephalus. They swerved away from each other meaning to attack him straight on - each aimed at one of his shoulders.

Gaucho took the opportunity to take to the air himself, hoping his flaming creatures would provide enough of a distraction that he could rise without injury from his opponent.

He couldn't place just what sort of opponent Buce was generally. During their last spar the black had been full of taunts, bringing up his relations with Ampere to try and infuriate Gaucho and egg him on. Now however his Chancellor was silent, save for his hiss of pain. This had been his idea, hadn't it? So why the silence? Unless it was perhaps so that Gaucho couldn't follow the sound of his voice.

Buce was either much stupider than Gaucho gave him credit for ... or more clever.

It was dangerous not knowing which.

Setting is in the arena on the Island. It's just after midday, so plenty of light.

WC: 736
Attack: 2/3
Defense: 0/1

Summary: Buce's hooves scrape down Gaucho's left shoulder/chest. His bite doesn't injure Gaucho. In response, Gaucho sends 2 fire dragon's to attack Buce while he becomes airborne.

Teaching Notes:

SPELLING YOU GOOBER. I make spelling mistakes in ALL of my posts - even when I try not to. But it'll just keep deducting marks if you don't watch out.

Timeline of attacks: What I do when I spar is usually write down what my opponent does so that I have it clear in my mind. Here's how Gaucho's attack went:

Time T1: Lunges forward towards Buce
T2: Shoulder slam, Mara bites
T3: Gaucho bites

Here's how you responded

T1: Buce reacts to Gaucho's shove, Buce's head goes up as he rears.
T2: Buce tries to hit Gaucho with his front legs and bites at his neck
T3: Buce stops biting Gaucho to try and snap at Mara
T4: Buce reacts to Gaucho's bite

So time wise, Gaucho only does a few things. He lunges forward with his shoulder and Mara snaps outwards. Then Gaucho bites at Buce. Maybe like... 5 seconds worth of time? However Buce rears, flails his hooves, tries to bite, snaps at Mara, and THEN gets bit by Gaucho. So not only is his timing completely off for Mara but you're stretching out the time that actually occurred.

Make sure you watch that! Because it makes it super awkward as a judge to read it because it feels super disjointed, but it also makes it hard for your opponent because you're fitting in more attacks than realistically you have time for.

I loved that Buce is getting so angry, especially about his feathers being torn out. It's so great and seems like exactly something his character would do. Although I'm missing all of his taunts!! No, "Wtf dude a little warning would be nice" or "WATCH THE FEATHERS ASSHOLE."

Also where's Buce's alter ego?

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Doubt comes in on sticks | Bucephalus - by Gaucho - 01-01-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Doubt comes in on sticks | Bucephalus - by Gaucho - 01-02-2015, 05:33 PM