the Rift

Chase a New Horizon [open]

Drachen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
D R A C H E N

As the sun receded beyond the uneven forest horizon, Drachen found his distaste for the wooded area growing. The icy Orangemoon air easily seeped through his thin bi-colored pelt, chilling him to the bone. Long silver striped onyx tendrils whipped across his angular face, further obscuring his vision. The winged stallion tossed his head back, trying to remove the blackened forelock from his single capri blue eye.

“I couldn’t agree more, my friend.”
The femme averred, claiming the brute’s attention once more. “I believe you’ll find the Dragon’s Throat to your liking.” Not a moment after the blue roan finished speaking did she pivot on her hind leg in search for a clearing with enough area for two Pegasi’s massive wingspans.

Once the winged mare had taken to the skies, Drac quickly followed suit. He let his wings unfurl themselves from his sides, expanding them to their full capacity. His lithe legs carried his body across the grassy clearing at a fast gait to increase his speed. With one dip of his outstretched wings, the Pegasus was lifted off of the ground. “Come,” the mare’s musical, feminine voice reached his ears, “your new home awaits you!”

A few powerful strokes later and the winged stallion was gliding in the darkening sky, his wings held out like sails on a sailboat. The once large trees looked like toothpicks, and the few equines that spotted the landscape seemed to be ants. The thin, airy wind caressed his outstretched sails, ruffling the soft feathers. Drac’s eyes slowly slid closed as he enjoyed the feeling of weightlessness, of being unbound to the earth, of freedom, before opening once more to devour the beautiful Helovian canvas.

Messages In This Thread
Chase a New Horizon [open] - by Drachen - 09-13-2012, 07:58 PM
RE: Chase a New Horizon [open] - by Cassiopeia - 09-13-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: Chase a New Horizon [open] - by Drachen - 09-15-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: Chase a New Horizon [open] - by Cassiopeia - 09-17-2012, 01:23 PM
RE: Chase a New Horizon [open] - by Drachen - 09-19-2012, 08:52 PM
RE: Chase a New Horizon [open] - by Cassiopeia - 09-19-2012, 09:48 PM
RE: Chase a New Horizon [open] - by Drachen - 09-21-2012, 10:11 PM