the Rift

[OPEN] Save my soul...

Fig Posts: 57
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 5.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 :: 20 HP: 56 | Buff: NOVICE
Beluga :: Common Beluga Leviathan :: Bubble Trap Adoptable
Fig
Out from the billowing sea of hot bodies came a small voice, one that chimed brighter than the drone rising through the atmosphere. It was a child’s eyes gazing up at her, filled with ambition and bright innocence, but alas it did little to sooth the tree-girl’s frayed nerves. The small creature spoke of plucking blooms from their bodies – for what though, to look at? Or sniff?

Fig swayed wearily across her thick legs, “No, no...” she hummed as gently as she could manage, “I think they ought to keep their lives.” It seemed none realised the damage their loud, obnoxious lives had on the delicate environment around them – it became quickly obvious that parents taught their offspring nothing of respect, care, or consideration. She offered the girl a worn smile, but before she found the chance to speak further (to educate if she could) on the subject, there was a sound so horrific that she staggered backwards beneath jolting branches. Sorrowful brown eyes watched despairingly as a tree nearby exploded – astonishingly – apparently without any cause.

Another tiny horse lunged towards it, and it seemed at last another shared her grief!

“Oh,” she cried helplessly, softly, as toothpicks began to rain around the little group, but as she lunged her root-tangled mass forward she jerked back suddenly and though caught like a fly in a web. She grunted as she tried in vain to pull free of her tether, pain resonating through whirling mind, yet it puzzled her all the same that there were no friendly canopies near enough to bind her.

“I don’t... under...” she rumbled as she wrenched and shook her frame vigorously with what little energy remained; but she turned confusedly to find Laedere, and realised in that moment that a stallion was hanging from a branch swinging low behind. He was dragging her - backwards - and there was little she could do to free herself from his grip. Staggering in ungainly fashion backwards, Fig heard the rage unleased by her friend and ears wavered across her heavily maned poll erratically, panicked, and helpless.

Image Credit
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death 
(no need to ask)

Messages In This Thread
Save my soul... - by Fig - 02-11-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: Save my soul... - by Auriel - 02-11-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Save my soul... - by Shida - 02-11-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: Save my soul... - by Oxy - 02-11-2015, 08:46 PM
RE: Save my soul... - by Laedere - 02-11-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: Save my soul... - by Fig - 02-11-2015, 10:12 PM