the Rift

A long time gone

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The comforts of home no longer felt as comforting as I’d once thought. Once again my mind was in a constant state of turmoil, seething and spewing and boiling, with thoughts of love and life. Perhaps I was a man more meant for bachelorhood and loneliness… It appeared a more natural existence than whatever road I’d decided to walk down with Evangeline. It was a mottled route filled with ruts and bumps that served to deter us at every turn. Yet, somehow I’d found a way to stay the path… fight for what I believed to be the truth at the bottom of our dirty well of secrets. No matter how hard we tried to evade our own questions and pretend the answers were always available, the more we suffered the consequences of our differences. I was tired. I was not youthful anymore… I was not accustomed to toiling in the heat of my own desire only to be burned by it in the end.

The mists of the World’s Edge had followed me to her borders and though I’d come to be negligent of her as of late, I was still grateful to the land that had allowed me the freedom of choice and the opportunity to grow and thrive. However, I had much to escape and much to contemplate and no time in which to do just that. Perhaps it wasn’t that I’d not the tools in which to deal with my grief, but more so that I simply had no want to… It was an awful, insufferable mixture of doubt and anxiety that allowed me no reprieve, no compassion or ambition.

Away from the home I shared with Evangeline, I sought to replace her image with fresh air and conversation. I had no friends on which I could lean because I had effectively removed them from my life so long ago. Whatever closeness we’d shared was now a mere formality that kept them observant and kind. Civility was and is the only glue that kept the man I was and the man I’ve become intact. Perhaps the monotonous routine of visiting the Threshold would allow me to push through the uniformity of my life as I now lived it… Perhaps it would allow me enlightenment, insight?

Heat still plagued Helovia after the merciful flood that had eased the worst of its grueling effects, but its presence was still noticeable. The Edge was naturally cooler since it was situated along the seaside and at times it was tough leaving her familiar luxuries, even if I feared running into Eva within her depths. However, the claiming grounds were a fairly short distance from the only home I’d ever known and they promised momentary relief- temporary distraction.

Upon wandering rather aimlessly throughout the trodden dips and swells, I was surprised to stumble upon a rather catching creature with gold situated between her ears and eyes. The distance between us prevented me from identifying the crude object, but it was enough to snag my curiosity and lure me from my daydreaming. Dirt and dust bloomed in my wake upon approaching and though I was sometimes seen as a formidable guest, I hoped that this mare would be able to look beyond my heft and see the amiability in my stare. “Welcome to Helovia my fair friend… I’m Thor.
THOR
image credits

@[Najya]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
A long time gone - by Najya - 02-24-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Thor - 02-25-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Ophelia - 02-25-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Najya - 03-01-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: A long time gone - by Ophelia - 03-04-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Thor - 03-08-2015, 01:05 AM
RE: A long time gone - by Najya - 03-13-2015, 05:52 PM