the Rift

A long time gone

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
OH, THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA

Both Ophelia and Thor’s words echo in her head. She can’t help but think how fortunate she was to have been welcomed by two individuals who were so willing to come to her aid, especially after such a long journey. A journey that was made even more taxing considering all that came prior – fear, blood, vows…

She blinks away the intrusive thoughts, and jumps into answering Ophelia’s questions.

“I come from a desert people. I was something of a storyteller in my old home. I’m not sure if any of your herds here value someone with a penchant for stories and legends.” She doesn’t go into specifics. Her penchant for stories had, truthfully, spared her life. It had granted her the title of queen consort of an entire kingdom. But none of those things were important in this decision. She would carry them with her, yes. But there was more that would define her going forward. She had to adapt to best suit herself to this new place. She had to evolve to continue to grow, to thrive, to live. She had to keep her promise.

“My mother was a priestess was also our primary healer. I did pick up a few things from her during the years I spent with my family, though it wasn’t ever something I became particularly adept in.” While she wasn’t unskilled with the methods her mother used, it was not something she was particularly passionate about.

“I…” She pauses, continuing carefully with her words, “I’m afraid I’ve lost any taste for war.” Her gaze flicks between the two She did not her journey from one place torn apart by blood to simply end by delivering her at the doorstep of another land seeped in blood. If the opportunity for a peaceful life was available to her, it was an opportunity that she couldn’t afford not to take. However she does not elaborate. Not now. Not yet. That is one story she would prefer not to repeat. “A peaceful place would be…important to me…” …to recover, she adds, in her head.

There was so much variation here. All Najya has ever known is desert sand, hot split earth, sunbaked stones, and sparse vegetation. Here everything was different. Here all the lands from the legends seemed to come alive – the lands at the edge of the earth; the lands where the sky touched the earth at night, the lands where the rivers fall from earth all at once, and lands built on the throat of the dragon. She found herself in unfamiliar territory. Did she go to one of these new places? Or did she err towards the familiar in the face of an overwhelming decision? It was the second life-altering decision she had ever faced – and the decision to go with Shahan hadn’t seemed like much of a decision at all. Indecision was a foreign, uncomfortable feeling. But the opportunity for peace…Najya couldn’t shake the idea.

“I think I would like to go to the lands at the Edge of the World.” She looks to Thor, for she felt safe accompanying him to his home. His gentlemanly demeanor and general helpfulness made her feel comfortable enough to follow this relative stranger home.

“Do you think there’s a place for someone like me – someone who’s known little aside from sand and stories?” She poses the question primarily in jest, but there is a hint of genuine insecurity in the sentiment.

She then turns to the pale mare, “I would like to thank you, Ophelia, for your kindness. I hope this isn’t the last time that we see each other.” Najya offers the pale unicorn a kind smile and a small bow and she truly does hope to meet again sometime. Until then she will carry fond memories of the kind pale unicorn who helped welcome her to this strange new place.

LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME
Lines By: x || Tags: @[Ophelia] @[Thor]

OOC: Now it's my turn to apologize! I've been without power and then was sick as a dog. Sorry to keep y'all waiting!

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
A long time gone - by Najya - 02-24-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Thor - 02-25-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Ophelia - 02-25-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Najya - 03-01-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: A long time gone - by Ophelia - 03-04-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Thor - 03-08-2015, 01:05 AM
RE: A long time gone - by Najya - 03-13-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: A long time gone - by Thor - 03-15-2015, 12:24 AM