the Rift

[OPEN] To fuel the song that's underneath

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Count your blessings not your flaws

Nary a hair flinches or stirs upon her hide as he descends, unobtrusive though his movements had been her control was simultaneously concerning and respectful. For a moment he merely allowed his eyes to lay upon her, a canvas of curiosity. Was it forced, her solitude? Her stillness? Were they fundamentally connected, in a way his simplistic eyes could not see? Having her so far from home made him tremble inside with the pangs of worry and wariness. Over years of bloodshed and violence, peace and the good of man had erased itself from the books of his life. Trust was a hard thing to come by in the realm he'd ended up in, powerful though she undoubtedly was with celestial blood strong and possessive in her veins, he could not help but see her as the child she was. Regardless of her growth. He mused over her reaction were she privy to his thoughts, she was odd in ways Kaj had never found in foals, her speech perhaps most contrasting. It did nothing to dull or dwindle the love he already had for her, small and tender though it was with their lack of interaction.

Eyes like molten gold and sorrow flickered between his countenance and the endless expanse of the ocean, words concrete in opposition with her flighty gaze and whimsical mannerisms. Kaj made no move to near any further than his hooves had already trailed, giving her the space she so seemed to desire. There was a clarity of understanding in him, a smooth pearl of wisdom in his mind that gave his subconscious what it needed to allow her to open up. There was always a reason behind Isopia's actions, that was something Kaj had come to understand from the whispered tales of his people. Her seclusion was no accidental, and so he would allow her the room she needed to find herself, her center. It was not within his realm of power to intrude upon that space, regardless of what she thought philosophically.

It was understandable that she would know him, but it nonetheless erased the quiet fears lingering in the back of his mind. Kahlua was not so cruel as to keep from her that knowledge, for even if he was not her father he was still her King, and a matter of importance even outside of intimate reasoning. The child's frown was contemplative, piercing down upon him as if he were a stubborn piece of a puzzle, frustrating in the fact that he had no real place yet seen. It was endearing to him, in a way. Her lack of understanding lit a fire beneath his paternal desires, and Kaj tilted his regal head to regard her even as she turned her eyes away from him to the clouded expanse above.

"What part of it do you not understand? Perhaps I can explain it to you." It was an offer, nothing more. He craved and desired her trust, and though Kaj often thought little of himself in terms of intelligence, he would give all he could to supply her bank and library of knowledge. In his own way. He was easily an unreliable source, so driven by heart and primordial instincts as he was, but he prayed she would not condemn him for that.

Her voice was like mysticism and martyr complexes woven together, inspiring pride and worry in the stag at changing intervals. Nonetheless he smiled, private and a little understanding. "I believe what you are saying...it is how I feel when I am flying at high altitudes, looking down upon the earth. It makes me see how small I am. A little piece in a big structure." Laughing softly to himself the king shook his head, imagining with some fond amusement what Archibald would have grunted in response to his wistful musings. "Or maybe I'm assuming I understand what you mean." She was so much deeper than he was, yet another who made him realize how stunted he was, how useless in some ways.

Nevertheless he took her singular word as permission, giving her space even as he strode into the water, embracing the coolness that spread throughout his body. Chasing away the spiking temperatures of the season. Still, he could not help but hear the tremor of her voice, the lack of surety. Gazing at her from the corner of his eye, he wondered who it was that had taught her that meekness. "Did my question unsettle you, or my actions? I implore you to not always conceal your thoughts from me. All I desire is to help," Kaj murmured softly, trying and failing to word his sentence properly. She'd likely only be more upset by him sounding like he was demanding she do one thing over another, reveal her innermost workings where others would find that the highest offence. "I never wish to make you uncomfortable." Was it that she had not desired him to be so close? To partake in the water with him? Or was Kaj simply over thinking everything in his worry for her?

Image Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
To fuel the song that's underneath - by Isopia - 03-05-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: To fuel the song that's underneath - by Kaj - 03-10-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: To fuel the song that's underneath - by Kaj - 03-20-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: To fuel the song that's underneath - by Kaj - 04-11-2015, 10:37 PM