the Rift

[OPEN] Made of Steel

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

Even if she had known of Mesec's origin, it would have done little other than spark curiosity in the snowy dove. She had seen the gods several times, knew more than most the impact they could have on mortals' lives - after all, was it not her mate who had fallen prey to the Moon's curse? She knew that the gods-touched of their land were often driven by the desire to please their patrons, not entirely happy until they had gained whatever it was they longed for so deeply. A demi-god, destined to bear that fate with no end in sight, had a heavy birthright. If anything, knowledge of the dark steed's heritage would have served to make the angel all the kinder, for gods knew he needed kindness and acceptance just now.

In any case, she smiled as he accepted her offer of company and turned her eyes toward the distant, glimmering sea. In the days of the wall, Cera would often have been found in the shadow of steel, toiling to finished the work that she had continued upon being named Forger. A pang of sadness threatened in her chest as she remembered those days, remembered what it felt like to have a place here. What use was she now, other than a broodmare for their Sultan? What purpose was she to follow, now that she had fallen from her once-great throne?

"When I first came here, many seasons ago, I thought much the same. I followed love here, and when my lover left this land, I found a new, more lasting love of the desert. It's alive, you know," she added fondly. "It may be more subtle than the greener places to the north, but those of us who have learned to thrive here will never leave it behind. These sands hold our hearts, as does the family we have created. If you stay, if you allow yourself to lay down roots here, it will capture your heart as well, I promise you that. I am late in saying this, of course, but welcome, Mesec, to our land and to our family."

They were approaching the sea at an easy walk, Astraeus having confirmed Cera's location. The dove felt guilt at being so long away, particularly from the colt that she had adored from her early years. Still, she could not help but grin as he called to her, wings extended, his joy on the wind. She broke into a trot, covering the distance quickly and efficiently. Before long, she stood before the young stallion, reaching eagerly to bump her muzzle against his in greeting. "Cera," she breathed, warmth emanating from her. "Oh, how good it is to see you!"

He offered to show her his work, and she smiled shyly, wondering if all mentors were as pleased and proud as she when their pupils finally surpassed them. "Of course! We must talk soon, my dear. It has been too long. But first -" she turned, her gaze flitting to Mesec and back. "Mesec has been looking for you." She watched with interest at the display between the pair; there was something strange beneath the kindness, and she could not help but wonder what it was.

"Talk talk talk."
-Astraeus.-

@[Mesec], @[Cera]; I'm so sorry for the wait. I have had quite a bit going on and it's been difficult to slow down and focus on much of anything.
you give up your soul till you break down;
subtlepatterns.com | foxyfirewings & larfsalot @ deviantart.com
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Made of Steel - by Mesec - 04-12-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Sohalia - 04-14-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Mesec - 04-19-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Sohalia - 04-20-2015, 12:34 AM
RE: Made of Steel - by Mesec - 05-16-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Cera - 06-02-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Sohalia - 06-09-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Mesec - 06-15-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Cera - 06-29-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: Made of Steel - by Blu - 08-15-2015, 12:43 AM
RE: Made of Steel - by Mesec - 08-15-2015, 12:37 PM