the Rift

[PRIVATE] this pain only reminds me (I'm still alive)

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

A man delivered can never
Make his way in the darkness

'You need to stop running.' Ktulu frowned at Eytan's words, her own rebuttal dying on her lips before it was given life. She knew she was running and she hadn't stopped running since Hototo's death. Her whole world had collapsed around her and nothing seemed to hold any importance. The only thing she knew was the constant grief that gnawed at her heart and refused to diminish. "I know." She finally whispered, defeated. 'Kota pregnant. Need 'Tulu.' "I know." She whispered again, her voice cracking.

It should have been a time when she was happiest. Lakota was pregnant and they were finally going to have a child together, but the dark mare couldn't find it in herself to be happy. She was scared; more scared of this than of anything she'd ever been in her entire life. What if she didn't, couldn't, love this child like she had loved Hototo? What if she wanted nothing to do with it? What if she looked at it and only saw every way that she'd failed before as a parent? What if she couldn't do better with this one? What if she couldn't protect this one? What if everyone saw this new child and thought she was trying to replace Hototo? What if that was what she'd done without intending to? Then back to what if she didn't love this child?

Her fears ticked off one by one, making her body feel heavier with every step that she took. 'Kota.' Eytan said through their bond and, immediately, Ktulu wanted to run. The bear growled softly and shifted his furry body to block his bonded's path. 'Kota need 'Tulu. Now.' She blinked her crimson eyes then continued forward in the direction that she and Eytan had been walking. Her heart sank to the bottom of her hooves when she saw Lakota's hugely pregnant stomach and even more when she could hear her sobs.

"...Kota." She sighed the other mare's name, sadness welling inside of her chest because Lakota's sadness was because of her. Ktulu was silent as she she closed the distance between herself and Lakota and when she finally reached the Poisoner's side she lowered herself to the ground to lay with her. "Lakota." She whispered her mate's name as she brushed her muzzle against her ear.

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
RE: this pain only reminds me (I'm still alive) - by Ktulu - 05-17-2015, 08:29 PM