Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
and i will stay up through the night
let's be clear, won't close my eyes
and i know that i can survive
i'll walk through fire to save my life

Naerys had been caught in a silent reverie, gazing down upon the quivering egg, when her mother and Hemlock arrived. As usual, her mother's voice was warm. She rarely, if ever, yelled at Naerys - even though the painted girl knew, without doubt, that her tendency to wander added so much stress to her mother's life. That realization alone was enough to stir up the guilt in her young heart. Lifting her teal gaze from the egg, she looked over her shoulder at Alysanne and with a furrowed brow the girl sighs. "I'm sorry, mama." She shuffles her hooves slightly, hugs her wings more tightly to her small frame. "I didn't mean to go so far... it's just... it's so... cold." Another crack sounded from the egg at her hooves and her ears swiveled back, hesitating to allow her gaze to leave her mother's. But Alysanne's next words were all the permission she needed.

Looking back down at the egg, watching it quiver and crack - the connection was instant. "Like...like HEMLOCK?!" her voice rose dramatically at the end, joy spreading across her face. She was going to get a little owl, too? Just like her mother? Or would it be like daddy's bird - dark with silver star-like speckles. Hesitantly she steps back, granting the egg a bit more space. Teal eyes watch her mother carefully as she plucks out some of her feathers and places them around the egg. Naerys fidgets, shifting her weight amongst her hooves - unable to contain her nervous yet excited energy.

It was a slow process, or at least that's how it seemed to the filly. Perhaps the cold had made the creature lethargic or perhaps the girl was simply impatient. When the egg finally opened enough to allow the creature to escape - it was clear that it was, in fact, a small bird. But it didn't look like Hemlock and it didn't have the colors to be like daddy's bird. Naerys looked at the small bird quizzically. Noting the bright green of his damp fluff and red-orange of his beak and legs - the filly couldn't help but smile. "Colorful!" she declares, pride swelling in her chest. Inching carefully forward, she lowers herself to the ground in front of the small bird - her bird. Slowly she moves her velvety soft nose closer and closer, breathing in his scent.

The bird's pale eyes lock onto her teal eyes and suddenly he chirps. Just once, then quivers. Quietly, with concern clear upon her features,  she says "Mama, he's cold." Having only just been born near the beginning of Tallsun, the instinct just wasn't there. Was she supposed to lick the fluid off? Was supposed to dry him somehow? She wanted to fix it but didn't know how. That's when it dawned on her that she would have to feed him, too. What on earth did a bird like this eat? Hemlock, she knew, ate small rodents. But this bird is too small for such meals. Teal eyes glance up at the green of her mother's, silently pleading for her help.

[so sorry for the delay! should be faster now. <3]

you did not break me
i'm still fighting for peace
Image Credits

@Knox @Alysanne

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
we are all liars here - by Naerys - 06-06-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: we are all liars here - by Knox - 06-12-2015, 08:13 AM
RE: we are all liars here - by Alysanne - 06-14-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: we are all liars here - by Blu - 08-15-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: we are all liars here - by Naerys - 08-16-2015, 09:33 PM