the Rift

[OPEN] two : drown the doubts

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Why did she linger? Why did she want to learn more of this fox, when she knew the inevitable would occur - she knew she would be the one to deal its ultimate fate? Cirrus was the Grim Reaper of Helovia, tasked to take the lives of so many - just one is too many and I was tasked with five, haven't I done enough? Haven't I caused enough death, and destruction?

Why? Why??

The answer wouldn't come, no matter how many times she asked it, how many times she pleaded and shouted and cried, it would not come. Cirrus could not understand this task, this quest, she could not fathom why the Earth God would make her do it - was he not powerful enough to do it for himself? He was a God - why did he need her to do his dirty work for her?

Who the hell said I ever wanted to heal anything anyway?

But the Earth Lord must have read something within Cirrus that she herself did not even know about, for when she looked at the broken and beaten fox, she wanted nothing more than to give him life, not the death she was tasked with.

I used to be like you, the old vulpine said, one day you'll feel this too, he murmured. Cirrus nodded, her countenance reflecting the sadness and regret she felt. "You are still handsome, to me." She spoke softly, knowing her words would make little difference to the fox who had already decided he was broken. He was already walking towards death, even if he denied it by trying to run from her earlier.

"And you can still laugh, if you want," she kept speaking, if only to fill the void, fill the silence, for the quiet spoke of what had to happen, what would happen, even if Cirrus did not want to partake.

"I can help you," softer and softer still, her voice whispered the words, the promise, the lie. How was delivering death in any way a help to this poor creature? "I can help end the pain.. But only if you want me to."

"You just need to drink from the pool. Drink, and I'll take care of everything else."

Cirrus the WindDancer

sxc.hu
larfsalot on deviantart

@Essetia
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    two : drown the doubts - by Cirrus - 06-07-2015, 11:33 PM
    RE: two : drown the doubts - by Official - 12-20-2015, 10:20 PM
    RE: two : drown the doubts - by NPC - 12-21-2015, 10:23 PM
    RE: two : drown the doubts - by Cirrus - 12-22-2015, 11:46 PM
    RE: two : drown the doubts - by NPC - 12-23-2015, 08:14 PM
    RE: two : drown the doubts - by Cirrus - 12-23-2015, 09:58 PM
    RE: two : drown the doubts - by NPC - 12-28-2015, 09:27 AM