the Rift

[PRIVATE] So This Is What Failure Tastes Like | Res

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
When she arrived, she glittered in the evening light. He had forgotten the way that she glowed, sparkling red in the coming moonlight, the last dying rays of the setting sun reflected in her eyes. She had always been his light in the darkness, illuminating a path for him where he had thought none existed. When the magic had fallen upon her, he had been pleased that others would finally see her as he did: a beautiful, almost celestial being with an illuminated mind, capable of not only healing but also of creating. What she had built with him, within him, had no precedence. He loved her in many ways, for many reasons, but this - this was at the heart of it all, the driving force behind his passion for her.

The medic flung herself at him, and he braced against the force of her weight as he wrapped his wings around her, enveloping her in the soft golden down that had been her refuge time and time before. He closed his eyes, burying his muzzle in her shimmering mane, breathing in her scent. Her smell was sweet, but sharp - somehow, it had always reminded him of roses, mingled with the herbs that she held so dear. It was feminine and uniquely hers, and the thought of it had kept him sane over the last two seasons, those horrid six months of failure.

The thought of his defeat sobered him suddenly. How could she be so pleased to see him when he had not managed to find their daughter? He had expected to return to find her sick with worry, but she had come gleefully to him, no tears in her lovely golden eyes. He masked his confusion, wanting to preserve her happiness, protect her emotions. Perhaps she was so pleased because she thought his return meant that he had succeeded. He didn't want to let her down, to admit that he had returned alone. He had but a moment before she asked where Rue was, then, and he wanted to cherish it before he had to see the disappointment in her eyes.

"Of course I'm alive, my sweet princess" he agreed, allowing a teasing note to enter his voice. "I told you that I would always find you. How could I do that if I were not among the living?" He hesitated, then sighed, pain creeping into his heart again. "But... I am afraid I have failed you, my love. I wanted to bring our daughter home, but I couldn't find her. I'm so sorry, Resplendence. I love you so much, but... I've failed you." Again.

"more words."

@[Resplendence]
Quilyan
counting on the night for a beautiful day;
subtlepatterns.com | kaydeniro & larfsalot @ deviantart
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: So This Is What Failure Tastes Like | Res - by Quilyan - 06-15-2015, 06:07 PM