the Rift

[PRIVATE] So This Is What Failure Tastes Like | Res

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
Kaj.

Of course Kaj found her, the prince projected through his bond with Zarina. She chirped softly, a sound that could be taken for relief but was meant to convey her concern. Her bonded sounded dejected in a way that she could not place. -You aren't pleased.- the marmoset said, a statement more than a question. But he remained silent, refusing to give voice to his guilt and jealousy. How many times would his golden brother come to his mate's rescue when he was notably absent? How many times would Kaj take his place before it became permanent?

But he had found Rue - and he had done it months ago. So why had Quilyan been exiled to the Wilds for so long? Why had no one come to find him? They had left him, left him alone and angry and afraid in the woods, destined to fail at a task he might have succeeded in, except Kaj had stolen it from him, doomed him to failure then chosen not to even tell him about it. He was suddenly furious. Zarina's beseeching, soothing words meant nothing to him just then, for someone had kept him from his family, taken his success from him, and left him to die out there.

He was not angry with Resplendence. Never was he angry with her. So when he tensed with sudden fury, he hid it in a quick tightening of his embrace, for he did not want her to see the depth of his anger. She adored Kaj, he knew - and so had the prince, for all the good it had done him. He had made the stallion his daughter's godfather, for goodness' sake. And this is how the brute repaid him.

Was he overreacting? Had his long, arduous journey tired him?

Perhaps.

Nevertheless, he filed away the anger and the hatred, allowing that he was happy to find his family once more together. And it is my family, he seethed. Zarina promptly gave up and scampered over to perch upon Resplendence's withers, peeved and worried in equal measure.

"My love, I promise you, whatever we do from now on, we will do it together. I will not leave the herdland without you by my side, and where you go, I will follow. Our family is all that matters. Please don't cry," he added in a whisper, pulling her closer still. "I will not leave you again. You are all I want." His voice dropped again. "All I need."

"more words."

@[Resplendence]
Quilyan
counting on the night for a beautiful day;
subtlepatterns.com | kaydeniro & larfsalot @ deviantart
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: So This Is What Failure Tastes Like | Res - by Quilyan - 06-16-2015, 06:57 PM