the Rift

[PRIVATE] all those wiggles!

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Frostfall seemed to have a rather unforeseen affect on young Merlin. The usually meek, reserved dragon all but embraced the cool, sometimes unforgiving chill of the season, while Suli sulked about and did everything in her power to stay out of the inclement weather. Honestly, I blamed the differences in their abilities for the way they reacted; Suli's breath was of the hottest fire, while Merlin's was that of the most raw freeze.

The said green dragoness was most displeased as we made our way from the Falls to the center of Helovia, crossing the frozen streams and trudging through snow drifts, some of which were up to my chest. Even with a coat that had grown long and thick, I couldn't ward the cold off completely, but I was far from miserable. I'd suffered worse winters in the mountains of Vallhea, but that was when I had been much younger and more... insulated, you could say.

Our destination was one that really didn't exist. I'd wandered away from the Falls with the intention to see how the rest of Helovia had fared against the relentless, unforgiving force that was Frostfall. Coming to a brief halt to survey the snowy meadow before me, I could see no tracks, no signs of anyone having come through recently; the snow was fresh and had covered anything too old, but in the heart of the meadow, it hadn't built up to anything like the drifts collected around the edges of it. I was certain we were alone, until my eyes scanned further one way and in the distance, I spied a black figure standing stock still. Suli and Merlin were both quick to pick up on it as well, as the green dared to peer her head out from the mass of my mane, and Merlin took perch upon my head in between my ears.

Sociable as I was, I began to approach but kept an err of caution. Helovia had proven to me more than once that not everything could be as it seemed, but as I drew closer, I could see that they were trembling. Worry pooled in my gut and concern trickled across my face. This winged and horned filly of ebony, ivory and gold looked young, but more than anything, she looked absolutely, undeniably miserable.

"Hello," I spoke the simple greeting as I approached, baritone voice soft. My head was held evenly with my withers in an attempt to appear as non-threatening as was possible, as the last thing I wanted was to scare the other off. "My name is Destrier; do you need help?" It was impossible to predict what kind of response I would receive, but I hoped it to be a positive one.

"You look terribly cold, miss." Through our bond I communicated to Merlin to go and gather what wood he could find, a request that he was more than happy to fulfill as he leapt from my head into the air to begin his search. Looking back to the filly, I offered her a gentle smile. "Please; let us make you a fire."

image credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 07-23-2015, 09:35 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-09-2015, 07:10 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-09-2015, 08:41 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-09-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-09-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-15-2015, 04:14 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-16-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 09-15-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 09-24-2015, 12:51 PM