the Rift

[PRIVATE] all those wiggles!

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

I didn't have to move far because the stallion, Destrier, took it upon himself to shuffle closer to my side and press against me. The only problem was that my wing was in the way and was blocking him from getting as close as I needed him to, so I lifted it and draped it awkwardly across his back and hoped that he wouldn't mind. I didn't feel his body heat at first and I guess that was because I was so cold. We only stood there side by side for a short time before he draped his neck over mine and I turned my head to press my cheek against his chest. If the situation had been different, if I had not been so cold I wouldn't have accepted such contact, nor would I have sought it out but at that moment I was insanely grateful for it.

"Its alright. Focus on warming up; we've got you. You're safe now."

"Th-thank you." I stammered again and I shut my eyes as I stood there because I was beginning to feel his body heat seeping into my own frozen frame. I only opened my eyes again when I heard the crackling of fire and I don't think I'd ever seen something so beautiful. Fire. Warmth. It assaulted me and I guess my body didn't know how to react to heat from Destrier and heat from the fire that his dragons (how did he have two?) had made for us. I stood there in silence for some time, watching the flames and the dragons as my body and my mind both thawed.

I don't know how long it took, I just stood there soaking up as much of the warmth as I could get, but eventually I could feel how my mind was a bit clearer. I remember thinking that I wasn't going to be leaving the Throat until Frostfall was over and there was not a single snowflake sticking to the ground that didn't belong there. And I thought about how lucky I was that Destrier and his dragons found me when they did, otherwise I'd just be a frozen statue.

"...I'm Ranjiri." I finally murmured because I still hadn't told him what my name was. "From... I live in the Dragon's Throat." I thought that that would explain my lack of any significant winter coat because you don't really need one living in the desert, I guess. I mean ... yeah, it gets cold but not this cold. "You're really warm." I murmured as I began to realize just how much body heat he was giving off. It was almost like he was fire.

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 07-23-2015, 09:35 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-09-2015, 07:10 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-09-2015, 08:41 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-09-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-09-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-15-2015, 04:14 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-16-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 09-15-2015, 09:58 PM