the Rift

[PRIVATE] all those wiggles!

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

For what seemed like a long while, we stood there in silence. The crackling of the fire and the popping of the wood as it burned were almost comforting alone, drowning out the forlorn howl of the wind as it continued to blow. Suli and Merlin continued to fetch what kindling they could find, piling it near the fire until they were satisfied with what they'd managed to scavenge. Only then did the two dragons settle, Merlin nestling down into the snow by our feet, and Suli wrapping herself about my fetlock. The little green peered up at our sudden company with blatant curiosity in her purple gaze, but surprisingly, she remained quiet.

Feeling her wing shift so that it lay across my back, I didn't shy away even though it was a strange feeling, instead allowing her to step as close as she needed or wanted to. Against my own skin, I could feel the girl beginning to finally warm up, and I exhaled a soft breath of relief; we hadn't come too late after all. Thank Jörð...

She spoke, then, revealing her name and where it was she had come from. Ranjiri. Dragon's Throat. While I had never ventured to the Dragon's Throat myself and my knowledge of it was limited, I knew it was a desert land void of such bitter cold no matter the season. That explained why she was in such a poor condition considering the season, bearing a slick coat of summer rather than an insulated one suitable for Frostfall.

"I'm Destrier," came my response, and as I spoke, I lifted my head from over her neck, just enough to judge if she wanted to move or adjust. The last thing I wanted was to make her uncomfortable in any sense of the word. Then, my eyes shifted to the two dragons in our company and my smile softened. "And the two terrors are Suli, the green, and Merlin, the black. We came from the Falls."

Here, concern laced itself across my expression, and when I spoke, my tone was affable, as though I were speaking to my own flesh and blood. "If I may ask... What are you doing so far from home?"

image credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 07-23-2015, 09:35 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-09-2015, 07:10 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-09-2015, 08:41 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-09-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-09-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-15-2015, 04:14 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-16-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 09-15-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 09-24-2015, 12:51 PM