the Rift

[PRIVATE] all those wiggles!

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Hold me 'cause I'm sure I'm hated
Promises, they are overrated
Wait just a while, while I'm

When she asked how I had come to be graced with not only one, but two dragons, surprise trickled across my features. Honestly, I wasn't sure how or why I had been so blessed, but I wouldn't change it for the world. In a world filled with doubts and uncertainties, pain and suffering, ups and downs, Suli and Merlin were the only two things constant in my life, the only beings I could truly rely on no matter what happened.

"I'm... not sure," I began, pursing together dark lips as I grasped for the right words. "I am lucky, there is no doubt about that. They both were only eggs when I got them. Suli was gifted to me by these winged beings in the forest." For showing kindness to gargantuan spiders and even offering them hospitality throughout the winter in my then-home of the Edge, rather than trying to chase them out of Helovia or even kill them like others had. "And I found Merlin in the World's Edge near the stream, about to roll in." Another show of kindness, I mused to myself, and for it I had gained a friend for life.

Our conversation was not to be based entirely on fond memories, however, and as Ranjiri began to speak, my brows furrowed with concern.

'I did something bad.'

'I'm horrible.'

The bitter pain that laced her voice bit into me. She was but a child, at least from what I could tell, far from something horrible in my eyes. My curiosity was certainly peaked, not because I wanted to hear all of the juicy details, but because I wanted to help her. That was all I ever wanted to do.

When she remained unmoving from my embrace, I again laid my neck over hers, tucking my chin ever so slightly in what I hoped to be a comforting gesture. "You do not need to tell me if you do not wish," I spoke, my voice soft and gentle, like that of a father comforting his child. "But if you want... I am here to listen and help."

As though to remind us that she, too, was here, Suli shuffled closer to Ranjiri and gently butted her head against her leg, and wrapped herself around her if she so allowed.

With a soft, almost breathless chuckle, I corrected myself.

"We are here to help."

Drowning in denial
image credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 07-23-2015, 09:35 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-09-2015, 07:10 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-09-2015, 08:41 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-09-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-09-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 08-15-2015, 04:14 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 08-16-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Destrier - 09-15-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: all those wiggles! - by Ranjiri - 09-24-2015, 12:51 PM