the Rift

[OPEN] And Then There Were Two (Open)

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
i was made to keep your body warm
but i'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms

Frostfall had settled in with a heavy hand; leaving most huddled together for warmth or hidden in caves alone. Even Eliana, the pretty star bird, despised leaving the shelter of their cave in the Falls. When Miykael left the cave, she couldn't let him go alone - not now. Not when he was, perhaps, the most alone he'd ever been. His relationship with Alysanne had become strained the second he told her that he was moving to the Falls after the invasion. Naerys, logically, had stayed behind with her mother. It didn't matter that the Edge and the Falls weren't far apart. What mattered was that Miykael had kept to himself, except for the hours he spent visiting Naerys. No matter how Alysanne felt about him, he would always be in their daughter's life. So, Eliana followed swiftly behind him - never once letting him out of her sight.

Despite his better instincts, he turned north - walking at first. The further north he traveled, however, the colder the weather became and the gusts of snowy wind grew. His lean, muscular frame wasn't as well designed for this cold as December's was, so to travel more quickly he ran, flapping his wing and quickly took off into the sky. He continued north, as he seemed so apt to do since his arrival. He hadn't gone any further south than the caves and that had been done out of necessity. His heart, it seems, is being pulled north. Miykael couldn't complain, though.

The frozen arches of the north were where he had met December.

He had been a mess then. Needy. Scrambling for the love and affection he longed for that Alysanne had been so reluctant to give him. Yet look how that had backfired. Miykael had pushed and pushed and pushed Alysanne and when she finally gave in - the two separated faster than he had ever dreamed possible. December, however, lingered in his thoughts. Not because of their explosive passion (though he'd be lying if he said that wasn't part of it) but instead that he hadn't seen her since before the invasion. He remembered her being a resident of the Falls and despair had entered his heart that fateful day when Kaj, Archibald and Kahlua marched the herd off to take over the Falls - simply to escape the God of the Moon.

The cold increased further, practically chilling him to the bone. It distracted him, sent him into the depths of his memories. He fought them, fought to claw his way back to reality but his vision had blurred. Instead, he plummeted down towards the ice and snow covered earth. Eliana shrieked at him, flapping her wings frantically to slow time and soften his crash landing. The combination helped to pull him back to the present enough to readjust and land more softly in the snow. He still fumbled, slipping and falling to the side. His breath whooshed sharply from his lungs at the impact. As he regained his footing and stood, the night dark bird fluttered down to land upon his shoulders. Poofing out her feathers, she huddles down to buffer herself from the cold. With the shared warmth and the connection, Miykael's blue eyes peer through the snowfall - seeking some sort of shelter.

That's when he sees something. A creature. It wasn't like anything he had ever seen before but it clearly had four legs and hooves. Whatever it was, it stood at the entrance of the cave nearest to where he landed. Tall and lean, Miykael moves towards it, doing his best to keep his posture peaceful. Once he is within range for communication he calls out. His voice louder than usual due to the winter wind. "Hello. May I join you in that cave?" That was when his blue eyes drifted past the creature and into the cave. There on the floor of the cave was a familiar gray figure - one that he would be hard pressed to forget. "December..." he whispered, surprise clear on his features. Ignoring the much smaller creature at the mouth of the cave, he stepped forward to get a better look at the mare. Ice and snow clung to her coat and though he could see her breathing, her eyes were closed. "December!" he said again, louder this time. More urgent. Concern furrowed his brow and panic grabbed hold of his heart. Please don't be dead... please...please respond...

[hope you don't mind! I read this post and Mikey insisted... xD]

my heart's against your chest, your lips pressed to my neck
i'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
and with this feeling i'll forget, i'm in love now
Image Credits
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-11-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-15-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-15-2015, 01:29 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-17-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-19-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-23-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-24-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 09-05-2015, 12:28 AM