the Rift

[OPEN] And Then There Were Two (Open)

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

The young creature's hesitation and distrust didn't slip past him or Eliana. But he wouldn't question, degrade, or blame her companion. The bond of companions runs so much deeper than the bond of friends or lovers. The llama has a closeness with the gray mare that Miykael could never have, even if he wanted it. Regardless, his blue gaze momentarily sweeps over to the llama, perched against the stone with a mixture poutiness and stoicism upon his face. The youth, it seems, holds some similarities to the gray mare by his side. Her slight and sudden inhale of breath drew his attention back to her. As much as he longed to hold her more tightly, he knew that warming her too quickly wouldn't be doing her any favors. If she really was suffering from hypothermia, the best thing he could do for her now is to warm her gradually. Fighting the urge to hold her closer, he remains still against her.

And he wouldn't leave her this time.
Not without a fight.

He held her gaze with his whenever she looked at him but otherwise he remained silent. They didn't need words. They just needed each other. Miykael didn't feel any awkwardness here, curled up with her with the blissful silence of a winter storm just outside the cave entrance. Instead he felt only comfort. It was profound, really. It wasn't a sensation that he was privy to - not even with Alysanne, at least not to this extent (especially not after they'd had sex; everything really had gotten awkward then). Miykael noticed when she finally melted into his embrace and he couldn't stop himself from smiling. As she pressed herself to him, her shivers became more noticeable - and though it sent a pang of anxiety coursing through his veins, he hid it well behind a mask of calm and tenderness.

Abruptly, she turned her face away when his breath fell on her cheek. The gesture puzzles him but he gives her a moment, blue eyes watching her carefully. Miykael didn't entirely know how to react, didn't know if maybe he'd interpreted things wrong again - like he had with Alysanne. Before any doubt had any real chance to settle in completely, she returned to him and the doubt was gone. Her soft lips press into the curve of his jaw and then she lowers her head to press against his chest. With a soft sigh, he gently rests his head upon her neck.

Pulling her head free from the embrace, he finds her steely gaze upon him once more. Silence still envelopes them but he longs to hear and know her thoughts. Her stoic expression never falters, however, and he is left in the dark. Miykael waits patiently, keeping his mouth shut for fear of pushing her away with some stupid remark or simply saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. So when she finally breaks the silence, her dark eyes locking with his, he feels only relief (and it shows - he has always been more expressive; too expressive at times). Her question didn't startle him, though. In fact, he almost expected it. So much time had passed without them seeing each other, she was bound to have questions. Especially since he could have found her if he had only gone looking.

She wants answers and he has every inclination to give them to her. The truth; even if it might hurt her or his chances with her. "At home in the Edge, mostly. Though it's...more complicated than that." His voice is gentle and warm despite the husky depth clinging to his words and with a soft sigh, he continues. "When I came to Helovia, I came here with a dear friend of mine. A friend that I honestly thought I loved. The truth is, I didn't. Not like that, anyway. I still don't." He had been stupid. Confusing her kindness and easy comfort around him  (and her willingness to friendly touches) as love. He had saved her, healed her wounds and he really truly had believed that what he felt was love. Meeting December, however, had opened his eyes to his mistake. Perhaps that was why he ran to his daughter instead of Alysanne when they all believed the filly to have been stillborn. That wasn't a good excuse for his actions, though. But dwelling on it and living with regret does more harm than good. "Anyway, when we parted ways last year I returned to the Edge only to find her waiting for me. She told me she loved me, that she always had. She wanted me to make her a mother again."

He pauses for a moment, allowing his blue eyes to search hers and hoping to hell and back that he didn't scare her away or shattered whatever delicate thing had blossomed between them. Whatever the risks, telling her the truth is endlessly more important, more valuable than lies. "I did as she asked." and then his blue gaze shifted towards the falling snow just outside the cave. "But it never felt right. Nothing felt right. You... you filled my dreams. You even began to take over my thoughts. Everything I saw... everything I did... reminded me of you." he swallowed hard, then, biting back the swirl of emotions lumping in his throat and making his heart race. He breathed deeply, steadying himself. Then he returned to her, endlessly searching her face and eyes for any hint. His wing held her more tightly without him even realizing it, his body giving in to the fear that she might bolt any minute. "When the filly was born, she took over my days and nights. Then, during a herd meeting, we learned of the leaders' plans to... invade the Falls. When they met with success, I moved to the Falls to find you." he explains, fighting to keep his concern hidden in his heart. That had been far more lengthy than he could have ever imagined but every bit of it felt necessary. With hope in his baby blues, he gazes into her dark, steely eyes. Whatever it is that they have, it is only just beginning and he hopes, down to his very core, that he didn't just fuck it all up.

[holy wall of text, batman! sorry about that. he's apparently feeling a bit chatty tonight. D:]

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@December
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-11-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-15-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-15-2015, 01:29 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-17-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-19-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-23-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-24-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 09-05-2015, 12:28 AM