the Rift

[OPEN] And Then There Were Two (Open)

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

She had begun to grow concerned that he wouldn't answer her, wouldn't acknowledge her question in fear of saying something wrong. There was never a wrong answer for December, there was only truth and lies, and she only hoped that he would only speak the truth. That seemed to be his way as it was, honest and noble in all of his actions, a royal knight meant only to serve his Kingdom, and he did his job so well. She couldn't help but admire his loyalty, his compassion and desire to help all, even someone such as lowly as her. She felt like the pauper in the alley, begging for scraps and wishing for something bigger. When she was with Miykael however, she felt like a princess, a Goddess that was worshipped every second of the day, and it made her feel so happy, that she didn't know how to even handle it. Carl didn't either, for he snorted and twitched an eye, giving her a standard murderous glare for his complexion, before circling the ground and curling up in a ball.

"Carl," she breathed suddenly, taking advantage of the silence to summon her companion to her. She knew he was cold, though he would never admit it, and he needed the warmth just as much as they all did. He proceeded to ignore her, ears swiveling in any direction but her, facing the cave wall and letting his stub of a tail lazily flick behind him. Ashy ears went back slightly, eyes growing hard as she snorted, staring holes into the babe's back as she spoke once again, "Here. Now."

The male relented, refusing to budge, but when he felt the fire begin to quell within her he finally relented, slowly working himself to his feet and finally facing her. He made his approach, albeit in an excruciating slow and leisurely pace, while chocolate eyes stared down the mare, daring her to say something. He was moving, just at his own pace, and this was a small victory for him, and she couldn't even argue. Once he did happen to reach the group, he didn't hesitate to spit a missile at December's stomach, splattering it in mucus, before he finally curled up in the nook of her legs, resting slender head upon her knee and closing his eyes.

She was completely unphased by his actions, having grown quite accustomed to them in the past five months or so, and thus only looked at him fondly, before turning back to Miykael and pressing her head against his cheek, closing her eyes and patiently waiting for him to finally respond. When he did, she listened, ears pricked in the utmost attentiveness as he told his story of why he was gone, and why he hadn't come find her. Her face never changed during his speech, only her eyes would open and close every so often, and when he was done she lifted her skull to meet his, looking at him seriously. She knew it must have been very hard for him to tell her the truth, and all of it at once for that matter, and she couldn't blame him for keeping away for so long when all of this seemed to eat at him. It warmed her heart to know he thought of her, in almost everything he did she was in his mind, and it even helped eased her own concerns that her thinking of him just as often was somehow taboo.

After taking a gentle breath and an easy exhale, the mare finally responded to him,  "I am not upset at you. I don't think I could ever be upset with you. You loved her first, you were sorting out your emotions and it just happened to backfire. You have a child, that's a large responsibility, for you to look for me with a newborn would be highly irresponsible. You have done nothing wrong, though I'm sure you are aware of that. You are here now, and you are in the Falls now, where we can be together and-" She faltered, looking away briefly at the realization at what she was saying. "Loved her first"? That would imply he loved her... and he certainly can't love her... can he? Not only had she spit that out, but she had managed to assume and plan for them to be together... to be a couple. Was that even accurate? Had she overstepped an invisible line her clumsy feet had not managed to avoid? Suddenly her heart was racing and she grew anxious, averting her gaze nervously in hopes she had not said anything wrong. She had to think fast, fast enough to make it seem like she knew what she was doing (as if).

"I mean... Not that you love me or... well um... It's not like I would assume you would want to be with me, I don't know how you feel and for me to assume you wanted to be with me and love me is highly-" she couldn't finish due to the extreme pain in her ankle, causing large crown to turn and find Carl biting into her ankle, drawing blood almost immediately. Hissing from the pain she knocked him aside, snorting in displeasure and beginning to lick the blood away. She hated it when he did that, it was more painful than any other injury because she felt it twice, it radiating from him and from herself. Yet the little shit still continued to do it. She had a feeling he somehow got off from the pain. Steel eyes looked to him, and he only glared back with those brown ones, ears flat as his whole expression seemed to read, "You're fucking stupid." She snorted, daring him to try to bite her again, before looking to Miykael awkwardly,  "Carl has a tendency to bite me... and spit at me, and also kick me. He has yet to learn his manners, though I doubt he will." This earned her a disgruntled snort from the llama, who then went back to curling up in the warmth of her belly.

OOC: PFFT, Like I mind. I love this all so much rkjgnrjrngjknj <3 Also, please forgive the wall of text, these two just give me all the muse!!!

Talking.

Image Credits

@Miykael

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Messages In This Thread
And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-11-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-15-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-15-2015, 01:29 AM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-17-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by December - 08-19-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: And Then There Were Two (Open) - by Miykael - 08-23-2015, 11:45 PM