the Rift

[OPEN] your angels speak with jilted tongues

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The only thing we leave behind when we die
is fear.

She looked the filly over, and couldn’t help but feel a bit of awe and a pang of jealousy. How it must feel to wear a crown, but also have wings to gift you the exhilaration and freedom of flight? But still, wings were an abomination. Did that still count if they shared the body with a horn? The blue girl was unsure. But otherwise, the babe appeared healthy and well cared for, and not of one abandoned to starve or survive alone in the cold. So she needn’t be too concerned. Speaking up, the filly cleansed the corporal of any doubts she may have had. But still, ravenous and awful beasts wandered the outskirts, and the simple slip of a hoof or steep stumble in the freezing north could mean certain demise.

The little one had family here in the Basin, and was granted refuge here, along with parents that should perhaps have a more watchful eye. Her father never allowed her to wander from his or her mother's sight. She was not taught to fear the world, but instead was taught to survive and fight the world. Until then, she was never allowed to wander far. As her mother always said, the night sky was desperate to gather up its missing piece and steal her away from her family. She shrugged, the motion soft and unnoticeable, appearing like nothing more than a small quiver under the chilled bite of the air. The past was just that, a moment gone in the softest of breezes. She was not from the sky, but instead from the dirt. And this little filly was sure to learn for herself how to survive.

“It is wonderful to meet you, Erthë. Please excuse my sterness, we do not have many visitors here, and many who do come cross our borders in good faith do not know of our sentinels. But nevermind that.” She smiled, features soft. “I don’t blame you, there is so much to explore in this big world. There are all sorts of caves and and caverns to explore here, though one may get lost if they travel too deep.” The blue had much to explore still of this land, and she had been meaning to travel to the hot springs with a dear friend.

She scowled slightly at the next question from the child. How does one explain the evil of the world to someone who had not been around long enough to see all of the seasons? “Well,” she began slowly, considering her words, “There are some bad beings out there, here, even and unfortunately. I am sure you are very smart, but some of those with badness in their hearts are smarter. The world holds many tricks. Though, there is much beauty in this world if you are able to get past the thorns." Yes, that was sufficient. Truthful, but she did not want to shroud the girl's mind with negativity from a jaded warrior. The filly seemed to mumble something else before trailing off, but keen ears caught her words.

Frowning, she knew she was unable to fulfill the child's wishes. "Well, my dear, I do not know much about this land, nor do I have any fantastic stories. Not of this place, at least." The cobalt girl did have plenty of stories, but her lore belonged to rogue bands and outcasts who lived far from Helovia. "There are several here who are chock full of legends and stories, though, perhaps one of them can aid your desires."

She turned to leave, casting a look over her shoulder. "Come, perhaps we can find my friend who can fill your mind with whatever knowledge and lore you seek. And on our way, maybe you can tell me a story you've heard and added to your collection? I am one for hearing stories as well." Her eyes were warm as she looked at the unipeg, hoping to learn something from one who had much to learn herself.

Talk
OOC// Anyone want to share some AB stories?
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
your angels speak with jilted tongues - by Erthë - 09-27-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: your angels speak with jilted tongues - by Ki'irha - 10-01-2015, 10:29 PM