the Rift

[JUDGED] I See You [Ashamin v. Isopia]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
barefoot on a summer's night

The rustle that he heard was surely some other beast, for the girl cloaked in a raven's body had not moved in some time. With a sterile and distant academic interest, she watched through large golden eyes as the quad-horned male moved into the clearing. His horn, deflated and impotent in appearance, only garnered a cursory glance from the earthen-girl. She isn't surprised when he calls out to the wind; she has been immobile for so long that her magic has completely entombed her avian form. Were he to look directly at her perch, he might marvel at how artistically the moss there had grown into the likeness of a bird. For surely it wasn't intentionally put there. Who would waste their time putting a moss-shaped mass into a tree? Then again, darkness had cloaked her just as stiflingly as her magic had, and so perhaps he would see nothing at all.

His willingness to invite danger drew her attention, and the raven-girl halted her hours-long meditation. Her ever-expanding mind shifted its focus from metaphysical examinations to psychological experiments. If a raccoon or some small rodent were to wander out, responding to his cry, what would he do? If he were monstrous, he might attack it out of boredom, but surely his demand for challenge was meant for whatever purported creature he believed lurked in the darkness? Surely something as small and innocuous as a rodent of the woods would not draw real effort from him.

Surely a bird wouldn't either...

But what..if...

Without moving, the girl focused her mind upon Ashamin until the world around her entirely dimmed away with the effort of her concentration. Magic began to swell in her veins, until her small avian form felt engorged with the blue-green hum of her gifts. Water appeared just under the crowning curve of the Rotunda's ceiling, taking no particular shape. Inside the Rotunda, the stones began to hum and move ever so slightly as her magic sung through them. Ashamin might have noticed that the floor was already warm - but it was about to get warmer. Isopia thought of the rain, and her magic complied. Droplets fell from the ceiling, pulling away from her make-shift clouds with considerable force. Where they struck her stones, they burst into steam - expelling hot air and water. A pale veil lifted from this simulated sauna, which the demi-god hoped would prevent Ashamin from seeing her take flight.

Gliding down from her perch - her mossy robe falling silently from her ebony shoulders - Isopia directed herself towards a small patch of moonlight in the clearing, just a few feet away from the Rotunda. With a gentle grace, the raven landed, folded her wings casually against her small body. Only her eyes - golden and cold - and her pale mask of death interrupted the mundane blackness of her feathers.

Silently she waited - a girl wearing the cloth of a raven, waiting to see what the quad-coloured unicorn would make of the abrupt attack. Would he blame the wind again? Or would his pride and surprise encourage him to blame a bird for his misfortune.  

MUAHAHAHA THIS WILL BE FUN I CAN TELL ALREADY.

No teaching comments, since your first post isn't judged - But all is set up well!

Attack: 1/3
WC: 519/800
Iso uses her magic to 1. Have water pelt down like rain from underneath the top of the Rotunda and 2. Make the stones on the floor heated, so that when the water hits it sprays and vaporizes hopefully causing burns as well as blurring his vision with steam.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
I See You [Ashamin v. Isopia] - by Ashamin - 10-20-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: I See You [Ashamin v. Isopia] - by Isopia - 10-27-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: I See You [Ashamin v. Isopia] - by Ashamin - 10-27-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: I See You [Ashamin v. Isopia] - by Isopia - 11-01-2015, 02:55 PM
RE: I See You [Ashamin v. Isopia] - by Ashamin - 11-06-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: I See You [Ashamin v. Isopia] - by Isopia - 11-08-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: I See You [Ashamin v. Isopia] - by Ashamin - 11-14-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: I See You [Ashamin v. Isopia] - by Isopia - 11-14-2015, 07:07 PM
RE: I See You [Ashamin v. Isopia] - by Official - 12-01-2015, 11:33 PM