the Rift

[OPEN] half of me has gone away (any god)

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

He didn’t hate her quite yet, which was a step in the right direction. Though the question he proposed had her mind reeling. What did he want Elsa to say? In her mind, they are still a Pegasus, physically. Mentally, they are lost, broken, always yearning to fly. Are they as effective? No. It’s like a flightless bird, although they may be helped, they will never be able to migrate. They will be grounded in one place unless they can get carried. And in the ways of carrying, Elsa was positive no one would have the want to do that. Right now she was picking herself up by her own belt loops, and she didn’t know how much longer she could hold it.

Edgar too was puzzled. His head fell forward so that the top of his head was squished to Elsa’s poll. His mind was yearning and churning for a solid answer, and it was driving him absolutely insane. He groaned, finally giving up and freezing in his embarrassment in a face plant atop her head. If they weren’t in the presence of a God, she’d just as quickly shake him off and watch him plop to the ground in a pile of feathers.

She had yet to answer as she stood in silence, eyes gazing around as if she’d be able to find the right answer. Somehow, she had an inkling that Mr. Earth over there covered up all the posters before the test. Damn, he was an asshole sometime. ”I feel like you want me to say that they are still a Pegasus, and I can agree, that physically, yes, they are still a Pegasus.” She paused for a moment, formulating a way to continue this conversation. ”But mentally, it’s so hard to believe you are. You can’t fly, and you watch others soar above you. Granted, you can do great things on the ground, but it’s not the same. If a herd of Pegasus decide to migrate over a sea, what happens to boy that lacks a wing? Either he’d have to beg someone to find a way to help, or go on his own way.” Her body exhaled a long breath, taking to looking at him again. ”I don’t want to have to beg for help. I want to be able to do it on my own. I…” What did she want to say? So many thing came to mind, but he couldn’t be bothered with a novel of her reasoning for the way she acted. She’d never be the strongest physically, or mentally. While she could excel in one, the other she was barely making a passing grade. The change couldn’t just happen overnight, if that is what he was alluding to. ”I don’t know what I’m missing. Maybe that’s my problem. Sure, I can see physically a bit, but internally I am literally blind. I don’t know what direction to step in. The small steps I have taken before only led me into a pit of spikes, and despair. I don’t want to do that again.” She sounded like a pleading child again. In the world of happiness, sadness and gratitude, she was blind, arms outstretched, and unmoving. She didn’t want to risk it anymore, she needed someone to guide her out. That was the main reason her pride and emotions faltered, because when she realized she needed help, she rejected herself.

Edgar, still in a face palm, finally peeked up his head. He bobbed his head silently in agreement. He glanced downward, eyeing his bonded with suspicion. She never like speaking of her feelings to him, and especially hated talking to strangers about it. The only time she did was in a time of intense emotion, and desperation. So why did the God suddenly prod her to speak her inner workings? Was he trying to make her undergo an emotional transformation? Did he not realize she had already accomplished so much? Part of him growled inwardly, wanting to scream to the God that she understood. The Earth didn’t see Elsa like he did. He didn’t know that in her heart she was dying. Dying to change, dying to help, and dying to feel. And sometimes, that had her dying to die. She was trying so hard to hang on, and she had made leaps and bounds toward happiness. She went from contemplating death to actually wanting to see another day. Her reckless abandon fell, and now she sympathized with nearly everyone. She began to love without abandon again, and in a way, that worried Edgar. He fervently hoped the God would not drive her back into a state of darkness.

@Mythical Request

"talk" 
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Messages In This Thread
half of me has gone away (any god) - by Elsa - 11-10-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: half of me has gone away (any god) - by Elsa - 11-18-2015, 02:57 PM
RE: half of me has gone away (any god) - by Elsa - 11-24-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: half of me has gone away (any god) - by Blu - 01-03-2016, 05:00 PM