the Rift

hello, my name is.... [Warriors]

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

“Areli,” her father’s voice boomed, and the girl froze. Though interrupting had seemed like a good idea—Papa had just introduced himself to Murtagh after all!—she now grew unsure at the sound of his deep rumble. Ears splayed to the side, she lowered her head and her gaze, anticipating his reprimand…but none came. “It’s good to see you,” Ciceron finished warmly. The dark head shot up in delighted surprise, sending the flaxen forelock spilling over her eyes. Papa was glad to see her! Sensing her mistress’ joy, Bee whined happily at her heels, tail wagging vigorously. “’N’ you too,” Areli beamed. He gestured for her to join him, and she was at his side in a few bounds, snuggling as close to her father as he would allow. With all of the warriors circled around and awaiting Papa’s command, she felt her chest swell in pride. Areli had always revered her father, but it pleased her greatly to see that she was not the only one—even grown-ups had come to hear what he had to say! Unable to contain the warm glow of happiness, she rocked back and forth on her hooves before shooting a glance to Murtagh. His mama was obviously important here too—did he feel the same?

However, the feeling of triumph quickly soured at Ktulu’s mention of gods and monsters. With a small gasp, Areli shrank back, attempting to move closer to Papa. Could it be true? she wondered, contemplating the implications of this warning. Her adventures often carried her beyond the borders of the Falls, and while she had never felt unsafe…the mere idea of a monster lurking in the Wilds was enough to send shivers down her spine and a whimper from her throat. How awful! Areli thought, making a mental note to limit her expeditions to the confines of the herdland. Though she enjoyed her freedom, she’d rather not end up as a tasty snack for the monsters to find!

“Can I go on a patrol again?” a boyish voice piped up suddenly, interrupting her thoughts. The question had not been directed at her, but already Areli was spinning around with the most incredulous of looks on her face. “’R’ you crazy?” she squeaked, gold eyes darkening as she addressed Murtagh. “Didntcha hear anythin’ your mama jus’said? There are monsters out there!” 

"speech"
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
hello, my name is.... [Warriors] - by Ktulu - 11-16-2015, 12:52 PM
RE: hello, my name is.... [Warriors] - by Ciceron - 11-16-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: hello, my name is.... [Warriors] - by Ezital - 11-16-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: hello, my name is.... [Warriors] - by Murtagh - 11-18-2015, 09:33 PM
RE: hello, my name is.... [Warriors] - by Areli - 11-19-2015, 12:05 AM
RE: hello, my name is.... [Warriors] - by Aaron - 11-20-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: hello, my name is.... [Warriors] - by Isopia - 11-20-2015, 05:27 PM
RE: hello, my name is.... [Warriors] - by Soren - 12-01-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: hello, my name is.... [Warriors] - by Kynareth - 12-02-2015, 12:33 AM
RE: hello, my name is.... [Warriors] - by Vitani - 12-04-2015, 08:54 AM
RE: hello, my name is.... [Warriors] - by Ktulu - 12-06-2015, 07:13 PM