the Rift

[PRIVATE] first star i see tonight

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine

From the moment she had been born, Asavvi had been remarkable open to wonder. She had been blessed with health a loving family, and a safe place to grow and explore. She had spent every moment of her first weeks taking in everything she saw and to her open heart everything was beautiful.

Her explorations had certainly been more cautious than her brother’s but that could be better attributed to a greater share of patience than any true sense of danger. True enough, her mother and father had said to be careful, said that beyond the borders of home might dangerous, but the words meant almost nothing to a little girl who had never truly experienced fear, or pain or sadness. In her experience the world was simply good. Someday, perhaps, she would learn better.

She had crossed the borders of the Throat in the late afternoon having filched the bridge key off her mother on the pretense of cuddles. If Nizho could sneak out with Mordecai then she could too; it might even be a tad easier as she was so much quieter than her twin ever was. By the time she found the meadow, dusk had fallen and the warm day of late tallsun was drawing to a close. Little cloven hooves carried her in a happy little prance through the swath of purpled-tufted thistle. She stopped when she came to the fist stream ad was just thinking she out to head for home when a bright little speck winked up at her from the reflection rippling in the flowing water. Asavvi gave an astonished gasp of pleasure  and lifter her eyes to the sky where the first star of the evening twinkled in the sky of purples and blues and the fast-fading orange of the sunset. ’Make a wish!’ she reminded herself.
"." 

asavvi

the stars set bright fires in her eyes

teach her to live honest in a world of lies
image credits
@Jaeger

Messages In This Thread
first star i see tonight - by Asavvi - 11-16-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: first star i see tonight - by Jaeger - 12-01-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: first star i see tonight - by Asavvi - 12-04-2015, 01:47 AM