the Rift

[PRIVATE] first star i see tonight

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine

As she made her little wish on the first star of evening the soft-hearted little girl wished only for good things, and not just for herself but for all. Every creature in this world deserved good things, or so at least the child thought. She sighed in a dreamy sort of way, knowing she should turn for home before much longer and yet wanting to stay precisely where she was and watch the evening fade to night and see each star as it was born.Her mother always said day was best, that the Sun was the great source of life and light, but Asavvi had a special love for the stars. Each on was a little mystery, a little wonder—like people, she thought—and so each could be counted a friend.

So engrossed was she in the contemplation of her heavenly companions that Asavvi did not heed the approach of another earthly being. The deep voice rumbled behind her and she gave a little jump and a soft gasp of surprise. The company was unanticipated but not by any means unwelcome and her little lips were already pulling back in a smile as her head turned toward the source of the voice. She enjoyed meeting new people, never having met one she didn’t like, and though some might have trembled before the figure that loomed over her in the dim light Asavvi merely turned her body to face him while he spoke, even taking a tiny step in his direction.

What reason did she have to be afraid? His fire? His size? The traits he exhibited were all too familiar and the girl had not yet learned to fear them. His dark form was tall and powerful, but then so was her father’s and so was the Sultans. They were some of the most fearsome and intimidating figures in Helovia but neither would ever cause her alarm. The tracks in his back glowed with heat and the liquid fire of the magma underneath but why should that be fearsome? She had been bathed in fire when she had been born and those flames had been healing and warm, It had been like a christening in the light of the sun for her and her brother—though Gaucho’s magic had been used to heal their mother, Asavvi had never been told that her birth had almost cost her mother’s life. Flame was warmth and familiarity, it was watching for visions at the Diviner’s Fire while cuddled close to her mother, it was the emblem of home.

’Not adventure unattended’? Why ever not? Asavvi thought it was strange, her mother had said something similar but had never explained why. Completely misunderstanding the stallions’s meaning she gave what she thought was an assuring smile and shook her head. “No, it’s alright, I wan’t lonely, and I always know my way home.” Because those was the only two possibly negative outcomes, right? She quickly remembered her manners, and gave the beast a guileless little bow of respect and introduced herself properly, though for a moment forgetting that not all spoke her father’s tongue. “M’athchomaroon, kazga lajak. I am Asavvi, khalakki of Dragon’s Throat and I am pleased to meet you.”

It did not occur to her that he might not understand the first few words, it often spilled her mind that some would not understand her father’s tongue. She had grown up speaking the two languages was so used to using them interchangeably among her family that she often spilled in and out of them. She glanced around interestedly but soon saw that the stallion was also alone. I wonder if he was here to watch the stars to. “I do hope I haven't disturbed you.” It was really a mystery where she got her manners, neither of her siblings had any to speak of, but Asavvi adopted a gracious formality as easy breathing. She was a lamb in a pride of lions but never felt out of place.

"."
::translations::
 M’athchomaroon, kazga lajak - Greetings (with respect) dark (in color) warrior
khalakki - princess, daughter of a khal

asavvi

the stars set bright fires in her eyes

teach her to live honest in a world of lies
image credits
@Jaeger

Messages In This Thread
first star i see tonight - by Asavvi - 11-16-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: first star i see tonight - by Jaeger - 12-01-2015, 08:03 PM