the Rift

[OPEN] the coldest summer

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

I wasn't crying on the way over here, but...

I was totally crying. Not even a pretty cry. It was pretty disgusting. I had to stop flying at times to wipe the tears off my face. It was like I was living a dream - no, a nightmare. Everything had fallen apart. Not all of it was my fault, but some of it was. I was determined to fix what I could, pick up the pieces of my shattered family and piece it back together. Little by little, I was going to do it. But that didn't mean it was easy for me to go through this, to deal with the fact that what family I had left hated each other and my dad forced ruin upon our home. It's not easy.

The air started to get cooler, crisper, and smelled a bit like pine. I was tempted to just turn around and go back to the Throat, to Shida, and forget all about mom. But I made it this far, and I guess there's no going back now, huh? It'd be sort of pointless to leave now that I'm here.

A glimmering caught my eyes below me. Not just a little glimmering, a lot of glimmering. It was a shit-ton of sparkling, actually, kind of the size of the wall at the Throat. My interest was highly peaked now. I tucked my large, hawk-like wings closer to my body and descending by the sparkling structure. It turned out to, indeed, be a wall. Although this wall was nothing like the one at the Throat. It was in ruins (maybe because it's made out of glass? Do they need someone to help with the whole crumbling wall-thing?). But it was, despite falling apart, a wall. I guess all the herds have walls now? Whatever, this is close enough to the Edge for me to call it the Edge. I walked towards the wall, flicking my ears back and pinning my wings to my side. I really hope I'm in the right place.

"Mom?" I called through one of the holes in the glass wall, my voice shaky and nervous. What if she doesn't recognize my voice? Do I need to call for Elsa instead? Oh god, that'd be weird. I just want my mom. I want her to hold me and I want to scream at her and cry on her shoulder and kick her ass all at the same time.

@Elsa :D

Image Credits
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
the coldest summer - by Auriel - 11-28-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 11-30-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 11-30-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-01-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-05-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-07-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-10-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-14-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-18-2015, 11:29 PM