the Rift

[OPEN] the coldest summer

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

I almost left. After spending ample amounts of my time in the south, I felt out of place here. When my mother didn't come to me immediately after I called for her, the prospect of leaving began to seem even more appealing to me.

But I stayed, allowing a few more moments to pass till I heard hoofbeats coming towards my direction. I wanted it to be her and I didn't at the same time. I watched a pale figure appear upon the horizon, stepping closer and closer to me, till we were meters apart. I watched the snow fall around her, and only her, I watched the zephyr at her side, I watched the way her frosted hair glimmered and softly reflected the light. I watched her stand there, silent for a few moments till she greeted me and apologized to me. I watched her guilt-ridden mannerisms and saw myself.

This was what I expected her to do, to say, but it still caught me off guard. I clenched my teeth and let out a huff of swirling, onyx smoke. I knew she didn't deserve my forgiveness, but if she was willing to fix what had been broken between us, then so was I.

"I forgive you," I whispered grudgingly, flicking my ears back. I ran away, too, from Shida and the herd that was left in shambles. She wrecked my childhood, but I played a large role in my own downfall. I wouldn't blame her for everything that happened to me. Shida had a right to, but I didn't.

I straightened up, holding my head high and blowing another smokey exhale in my mother's direction. "Don't abandon us like that ever again," my voice is harsh, but I think I have every right to speak to her as harshly as I want. But my aggression is mitigated as rapidly as it came.

I leapt through the hole, tucking my wings close to my sides to make it through. I closed the distance between us slowly at first, rapidly at last. I buried my muzzle in her mane and sobbed like the baby I (still) was. I cried, for I knew what I was doing would piss Shida off, and I hated what my mom did to us, but above all, because I missed her. I cried because I hated that I needed her. "DON'T YOU EVER LEAVE ME AGAIN," I screamed in a mess of smoke, my mother's hair, and snow.

Please, just don't leave me...

Image Credits

@Elsa
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
the coldest summer - by Auriel - 11-28-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 11-30-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 11-30-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-01-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-05-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-07-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-10-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-14-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-18-2015, 11:29 PM