the Rift

[OPEN] the coldest summer

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

We hold each other, tightly, harshly. It's as if we're being forceful to make sure that the other wasn't a ghost, an illusion brought on by slipping time, fading memories, and desperation. I press up against her, softly at first, then harder once I realize her body won't shatter or disappear. But she's here, she's real, and for the first time in two years, I trust her. I believe her. For a moment, at least, I feel safe. I feel at ease.

”Stay here..."

NO..

I feel Edgar slip onto my back, and my mother's lips on my mane. My tears stop falling, my body, which had been shuddering with my screams, is now frozen. I hold my breath, encasing the usual hazy tendrils that spiral from my lungs. I don't know what to do, but this time, there's no running away.

"Let me try to be the mother I couldn’t be."

What?!

"I can protect you here.”

Edgar cooed softly, rubbing on my back. Here, in their embrace, I want to say yes. But to do that would be choosing Mom over Shida, wouldn't it? If I turned my mother down, then that'd be choosing Shida over Mom, almost equally as heinous. I let out a smoky breath, side-stepping away from my mother, just enough to see her face. I don't try to hide my feelings. I'm conflicted, desperate, uncertain, and then some.

I can't choose her over Shida, but I can't choose Shida over her.

But can I choose myself over both of them? Isn't this my life? This was a prime time to make things right, not just for my family, but for me. I needed to know more, to become stronger. I could head to the Falls, or the Basin, but I feel as if I would not belong in either. One would bring up bad memories, the other would just cause more.

Shida had never asked me to stay in the Throat, plus a team is better in different places when they're not trying taking over the world, right?

"I - I'll stay," I replied softly, my features softening after my deliberation. I'll stay to gather information, to learn, to figure out how to get things back to normal between the three of us. But I won't stay for her, or because she asked me to. I'll stay on my terms, for nothing more than a promise to myself. A promise to make things right again, for myself.

And so I dive into my mother's embrace again, but this time I'm gentle.

Image Credits

@Elsa sorry this took a while, just didn't know what she would do at first ^^; also, I apologize if this post is a bit weird...I probably shouldn't have written it at 1 am o.o
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
the coldest summer - by Auriel - 11-28-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 11-30-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 11-30-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-01-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-05-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-07-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-10-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-14-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-18-2015, 11:29 PM