[OPEN] the coldest summer

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

”Thank you for saving me.”

Her words washed over me, a wave of emotions I knew not were present in this situation. My pale, saffron gaze slipped to her, my eyes brimming with tears. I saved her? My mind was racing, shakily grabbing at strings, desperately trying to make sense of a love I don't understand. She gave me the world, but not herself. I give her myself, she gets both.

I forget these thoughts when I see her smile, though. I smiled back, meekly, nervously. I was getting a better understanding of what I wanted to do, what I needed to do, but that did not make it any easier to handle this. I gently set my muzzle on her withers, holding back tears as breathed in her scent. I let silence descend upon us, not saying anything in response to her. If I did, I would screw this up.  

She leaned into me, making me feel like a rock in the ocean. I flicked an ear towards her shaky voice, brow furrowing slightly. If she was going to offer to teach me anything, then I was going to take her up on that. "Could you teach me to fight?" I ask, eyes round and doe like, unsettlingly innocent for my choice of profession. I found it a noble cause to fight for what I deemed right, and protect what I held sacred.

Once again, silence fell upon us, but I found it comforting. This silence was like watching a sunset, but our sunset was each other's embrace. I didn't really want to talk anymore. If I did, I would say something I'd regret. I just wanted to hold her and be held. We were not small persons, but in this moment, we were delicate.

"I love you, too."

Image Credits

@Elsa
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
the coldest summer - by Auriel - 11-28-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 11-30-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 11-30-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-01-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-05-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-07-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-10-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-14-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-18-2015, 11:29 PM