the Rift

[OPEN] the coldest summer

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

To my relief, she laughed when I asked if she would teach me to fight. My pale gaze flicked to my mother's withers, my cheeks growing warm. I soon looked back to her, though, a smile growing on my features when she agreed. Excitement flooded my senses, tingling in my legs and and making me jittery. Was it strange, to look forward to fighting? I was no pacifist, but to sign up for a career in fighting would mean that I might have to kill someone someday.

I brushed the thought off, thinking that I wouldn't do that. There is good in everyone, and if I were fighting someone, it would obviously be for the right cause. Surely no one would choose death over my righteousness. "Thank you," I stated softly, placing my muzzle on my mother's mane, gazing past her as she continued to speak. I let out a small sigh, chest growing heavy as she asked of my intentions. "I suppose I don't actually want to fight. I want to protect, but I can think of no better way to do so than to battle," my voice started to grow softer, my features falling somewhat. "After losing you, everyone, everything, in the invasion...I can't stand back and let that happen again without doing something. I don't want that to happen again. Not to me, not to anyone, ever," I spoke gently, burying my muzzle in my mother's mane, but keeping my gaze fixated far off. I tried to suppress the melancholy memories that came with my confession, but that was easier said than done.

I reveled in the silence, closing my eyes and fighting back the memories I had done my best to suppress for the past two years. Before I knew it, my mother was stepping back from my side. My brow raised as I gazed at her, immediately noticing her absence of warmth. I returned her small bow, a smile soft on my pale lips. A soft laugh left my lips as she spoke, and I took the opportunity to glance around at my surroundings. My home.

This would certainly be something to get used to. I looked back to my mother, an excited smile gleaming on my features. I moved to bump my muzzle to hers, a tender touch to assure her I would be fine, and so would she. I didn't think anymore words were necessary, all that had needed to be said, had been. With a neigh of goodbye to Edgar, I stepped tentatively deeper into the Edge, slowly at first. I looked back to my mother, giving her one last smile (for my own reassurance) before picking up a trot, moving deeper into the Edge. Truthfully, I was exhilarated. I had my family back (well, most of it), and a new home. There was much to discover here, but I did feel a twinge of guilt.

Shida is going to kill me.

Image Credits

@Elsa Auri can be outty with this post unless you'd like to keep it going :) I'll message you about a spar for them when things settle down a little bit for me! ^^
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
the coldest summer - by Auriel - 11-28-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 11-30-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 11-30-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-01-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-05-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-07-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-10-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Elsa - 12-14-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: the coldest summer - by Auriel - 12-18-2015, 11:29 PM